Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Just purchased a 2013 genesis coupe?

950 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Triple-D 
#1 ·
Hey guys , should be getting my 2013 genesis coupe next week. Super excited. I've been looking for a year and finally found one that had everything I wanted. Not going to mod it too much , I like the look as is. I will just look into window tinting , and an aftermarket spoiler. Also any advice for red calipers? Can I buy caliper covers for this car? Or not recommended.

Paul
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the community! For the red calipers, I would just do a brembo conversion from the Rspecs/Ultimates. There's lots of places that are selling brembo caliper/rotor sets.It's a simple bolt on besides the dust covers in the rear which need to be grinded off.

#3 ·
Congrats, it looks like you found a clean example. Im not gonna lie, those big red Brembos really drew me in when purchaceing my 2014 3.8 ultimate, but from what ive read the standard brakes are actually very good and cost less when the time comes to replace pads and rotors. If you decide to change them out the Brembos (and mabey a Torsen differential) shouldn't be too difficult to source second hand. Those 18" wheels also give you much more choice in tires. Have fun with your new toy.

#5 ·
Hey guys , should be getting my 2013 genesis coupe next week. Super excited. I've been looking for a year and finally found one that had everything I wanted. Not going to mod it too much , I like the look as is. I will just look into window tinting , and an aftermarket spoiler. Also any advice for red calipers? Can I buy caliper covers for this car? Or not recommended.

Paul View attachment 75187 View attachment 75188
Congratulations! Very clean! You can buy used Brembos for around $500, but honestly, unless you are planning on tracking or racing, the base brakes work great with good upgraded pads. You can get caliper paint for cheap and paint yourself to get the look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.