Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I'm new to this and think I posted in the wrong group so Im going to try again. I just bought my daughter her dream car on Tuesday. Its a 2012 genesis 2.0T Premium and by the time we made the 2 hour drive home I noticed when you push the brake the first time, While it doesn't go to the floor and does engage it feels like it goes too low but the next time its firmer. It appears random and yes we have now researched the recall which of course the coupe is not a part of. Today had it checked out. No leaks in the lines so we had the master cylinder replaced. It feels way different from my ford fusion as far as how long it takes the brakes to engage but it is now consistent every time the brake is applied unlike before. Since I have never driven a sporty car, I have no idea how the brakes are supposed to feel and if its now normal. I'm still a good 5 inches from the floor consistently every time. I'm still terrified about the HECU being the problem and costing us an additional $2K we don't have. Can anyone help this stressed mom out with how they are supposed to feel in this type of car? I want my daughter to be safe.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts