·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Looks pretty nice. Ballpark Pricing?

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea yet. Gains are similar to the AEM CAI. I'll post dynos later.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
I like it!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I like it alot! & in addition to it keeping the hot engine bay air out like the CP-e unit, it should weigh alot less. ;) I remember weighing the CP-e intake & it ended up being 2lbs heavier including filter than the OEM intake including both filters.

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
it looks like the filter being shorter may allow for air to get sucked from all around it, rather than restricting it with minimal air flow due to spacing between the filter and the shield. I like it, waiting for dynos.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Having a larger filter isn't going to restrict the amount of air avail, that shield is far from air tight it will have plenty of air to suck in. Also are there any slits in the front of it to take advantage of the cool air that comes into the engine bay from around the passenger headlight like the cp-e does?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Looks like they only put one breather tube on it. Automatics have to hoses to hook up to the intake tube...

Having a larger filter isn't going to restrict the amount of air avail, that shield is far from air tight it will have plenty of air to suck in. Also are there any slits in the front of it to take advantage of the cool air that comes into the engine bay from around the passenger headlight like the cp-e does?
It looks like the whole front side of the intake shield is open behind the headlight. I think the shield is more of a U shape than a box.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
I am pretty sure there are 2.
Cool. Probably one behind the IC pipe or something.

Looks pretty similar to the AQ Motorsports intake too

1 - 20 of 107 Posts