Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.0t Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been going back and forth on weather to get the K&N or AEM cold air intake. I like how the AEM intake has a port that directly connects to the stock air funnel and is a dry filter vs oiled, what are yalls opinions?

AEM (21-728C) Cold Air Intake System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J5R7A9...abc_ZJJTC6RE1Y73BMKAHEQX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

K&N Cold Air Intake Kit: High Performance, Fits 2013-2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2.0L L4, 69-5311TTK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GPOHXS...abc_8W9KXGHPESY5BX47P8J5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Stick with your stock box. Save your money. They are both SRHAI (short ram hot air intakes).LOL.

If your really want an intake that worth a crap, get yourself a 3.8 perf CAI. Or custom build your own with the same routing

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The stock air box has actually proven to out perform those SRIs by dyno I believe. Not rying to be a wise acre, its just true. I cant remember what drop in filter they used, but it was still the stock intake..

Mine is a true CAI with direct high pressure air via the fog light vent and a Velocity stak. Its the same routing as the 3.8 performance kit, even though Tkits did the fabrication. The air is at maximum ambient.

·
Registered
2013 2.0t Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock air box has actually proven to out perform those SRIs by dyno I believe. Not rying to be a wise acre, its just true. I cant remember what drop in filter they used, but it was still the stock intake..

Mine is a true CAI with direct high pressure air via the fog light vent and a Velocity stak. Its the same routing as the 3.8 performance kit, even though Tkits did the fabrication. The air is at maximum ambient.
Havent seen any posts or dynos claiming that, also the stock air scoop is a cold air intake, and you obviously didnt read where this was posted "2.0t engine"

P.s. have fun with all the dirt/ rocks getting kicked up into your intake from the fog light. Would never put anything there except a funnle to the brakes or oil/tranny coolers

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
462 Posts
Havent seen any posts or dynos claiming that, also the stock air scoop is a cold air intake, and you obviously didnt read where this was posted "2.0t engine"

P.s. have fun with all the dirt/ rocks getting kicked up into your intake from the fog light. Would never put anything there except a funnle to the brakes or oil/tranny coolers
There are many posts about the OEM intake performing better than SRI. Save your money and just buy a K&N panel filter for it. Other than that, if you really want a new intake system, I recommend the AEM fender CAI. I have had one on both of my cars with no issues.

·
Registered
2013 2.0t Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are many posts about the OEM intake performing better than SRI. Save your money and just buy a K&N panel filter for it. Other than that, if you really want a new intake system, I recommend the AEM fender CAI. I have had one on both of my cars with no issues.
Looked all over and not even AEMs website mentions anything about a fender cai.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
462 Posts
I have yet to see anyone make one for the bk2 2.0t
I am only now seeing that you said 2013-2014 buried in your first post. IIRC they only make it for BK1

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
I have yet to see anyone make one for the bk2 2.0t

They don't make one for a BK2. You could possibly install the BK1 version, but you'd have to relocate the PS reservoir to use the BK1 AEM washer fluid container.

Duro

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

It doesn't matter that its 2.0. I'm not claiming that the oem airbox is a CAI. If the 2.0T is similar to the 3.8 its a plastic snorkel like thing that starts above the radiator and snakes around to the drop in filter-box. While it is separate I wouldn't call it a literal CAI.

That PS statement is a poor incorrect speculation that borders on retardation. The fog vent cut out affords direct high pressure air into a cavernous pocket formed by the plastic wheel well liner and a floor liner which are trim screwed into the front bumper. The actual air-fitler unit with its Velocity stak actually faces downward from its entry routing to this cavern. It is not in direct line impact from anything. It does however benefit from all the ambient air which has NO exposure to engine heat. (This unlike the oem snorkle assy.). Oh there also are molded drain vents in the underbody liner, so no, water is not an issue.

I do have a trans-cooler/fan element on the driver side fog vent which is also taken out. It is purposefully in the direct line of vent air flow.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Would the fresh air come from behind the fog lights?
Depending on your year, the fog light assy of the 2.0T and 3.8's are identical. What you do is cut out the "faux" of fake intake grate molding. This allows actual air in.

3.8 perf and what I mention above use the same setup. The air filter just takes advantage of this pure exterior air source.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts