Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I get my turbo kit and all that junk installed, I plan on finishing off the visual looks of my car, and the K2 is something I've been eyeballing for awhile. My question is, for those that have it, does it have holes on the underside for the stock liner and handle to pop/screw in? I really hope so because I have that shark racing sound deadener glued to mine and would really like to transfer that over if I get this trunk. If it can't transfer, I might just get the stock trunk shaved and slap a BBM on it.

Thanks for any help.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Mine has the spots for the liner but I was never able to get it fit. If I spent some time with it and possible trimmed some spots maybe it would fit. Am I alone at this? I've seen some K2's with the liner so I know people here have made it work.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumping for both of us

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why put holes in the trunk if the liner doesn't match?! :(

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
I think the holes are just filled in--so you'd have to drill them out to put the trunk liner on. Someone local to my area did it, but I don't remember who. Will try to ask around to get pics/info...

·
제네시스 쿠페
1,070 Posts
mine has no holes...

liner-less..

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
No holes on mine either but I'm 99.9% sure someone mentioned doing it on there's. Maybe SteveJohns?

Holes or no holes doesn't matter though. K2 is a PERFECT trunk for the GC. Should have come from that factory that way.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
NONE of the carbon trunks have the holes drilled. (They're filled while the under-skeleton is in the mold). If you want to use the liner, you have to drill those indentations out.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
I have had my trunk liner in my k2 since I got it. All you do is hold the liner up in place and mark all the holes with a marker. Then drill the holes carefully making sure they are slightly smaller than ur clips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts