Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i was at a club/bar in DC with couple friends. we were holding it down until they turned on the lights to kick everyone out. in my drunken stupor, i went to find my jacket and realised it was gone. someone decided to help themselves with it. my keys, and cellphone were in it.

anyways my question is that if i purchase a used key fob on ebay, will the dealership be able to reprogram them? i don't want to spend over $200 purchasing a new fob from the dealership..

i have a 2013 gen coupe track. my spare key fob has a sticker that says 2M351

i also opened up the spare fob and the chip as follows
model: svi-hmfna04
fcc id: sy5hmfna04
ic id: 267al-hmfna04

·
xFa
446 Posts
no idea, although someone having keys to your car is quite scary. think i would see if maybe they can reprogram your car/spare so that the person that has your keys cant open your car?
not sure if its possible..or what is possible, but scary thought.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only good thing about it all, is that i was no where near where i live. but having my phone lost is the worst part of it..

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Lowlife thieves are the worst!

·
Decepticon
495 Posts
or maybe it was some other drunken idiot who took his jacket by mistake. note to self, your car keys go in your pocket when you go places, not your jacket pocket.

maybe call the car and see if someone turned it back in? worth a shot. your phone have gps you can activate and track?

·
Parabolica Blue 2.0T :)
709 Posts
Always keep your cellphone and car keys on you... And when you leave always make sure to do the "double-tap" or "triple-tap", depending on how you keep your stuff in your pockets.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i called and only items that were left behind were female jackets. i had seekdroid, but that **** didnt work. that would of been awesome if it did. ill call the place later see if a "good samaritan" drops it off. i was getting my groove on, having the bulky fob and my bulky phone in my pockets wouldn't work. at least i had my wallet on me.

·
Decepticon
495 Posts
yea i called and only items that were left behind were female jackets. i had seekdroid, but that **** didnt work. that would of been awesome if it did. ill call the place later see if a "good samaritan" drops it off. i was getting my groove on, having the bulky fob and my bulky phone in my pockets wouldn't work. at least i had my wallet on me.
uhhhh, having a car and a wallet > getting your groove on

imagine you get 3 chicks at once while your swag is oozing out of your ego. then it's like, he ladies, let's go back to my place....oh wait, i don't have my car keys

night OVER

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yeah... if I were you I'd get the car and existing fob reprogrammed with a new code and get a second fob,but I'll bet all of that won't come cheap. Oh and sorry OP but,of course I'm not you because I never would have done something that dumb in the first place. :dunno:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had my keys taken from a club too. Left and realized my car wasn't there. Next day police called me as they found the car completely totaled and set a blaze. Wasn't a fun day especially as the car was 3 weeks old.

·
Registered
378 Posts
^ Thats F#ucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
A new fob can be programmed to the car. You must bring both fobs (the spare one and the new one) to the dealer and he will program them both to the car. After this, the missing fob will no longer work with your car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So to update on this old thread, I purchased a used key fob, sent it to a service I payed on eBay to unlock the prom to accept programming . The dealership then was able to program the fob, but after 5 tries.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
FYI, if he has your phone, he most likely knows where you lives.

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.adm

Just going to leave that here, 3rd party apps are nothing compared to it. Good luck otherwise.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wouldn't be a bad idea to look at just equipping the car with a keyless/security system so that you are working with aftermarket fobs. Starter kill would prevent your factory key from being used to take your car even if they could manage to open it with the factory fob.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts