Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
lovin my 300+hp hyundai
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I'm getting lambo doors installed

I just want to to know the pro's and cons of doing this are?

I know already some of you who dislike lambo doors (the look) so that isn't what I'm saying.

Pro's meaning okay, a in some eyes it looks sick

but is there any negatives to doing it?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
The biggest con is that not everyone knows you have Lambo doors when they are closed. So when you take it into have it serviced/repaired, better remember to tell the service advisor to be careful when opening your door. You may even want to stand there to ensure he/she remembers, because the naturally way of opening a door is the pull on the handle & pull the door out. But on Lambo doors, you have to pull on the handle then pull the door up. It would be easy for someone else not familiar with your car to yank & possibly damage your door hardware.

·
lovin my 300+hp hyundai
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true point! This is what I'm looking for! :) thanks tufast anyone else?

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Yeah we had a couple tibs that had lambo doors come in for service. No one told the advisor it had them and we couldnt figure out why the door wouldnt open.

Cons? its not 2002 anymore?

i kid i kid.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
deff have to remember to tell ppl how to open the door, the first thing i tell everyone it opens half way so dont force it. and also you have to have it installed right

·
lovin my 300+hp hyundai
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be getting them installed at a reputable place, but I just hear that it doesn't align up with the fender or something (my friend told me this so I don't know how accurate it is)

·
lovin my 300+hp hyundai
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do agree they are played out, but when you live in area like mine and people are so stupid they get impressed if someone put's 24's on car. It's like OMG how cool & amazing. So that's not an issue. I just think that the Gen Coupe is one of few cars out there that could pull this off.

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
It makes you look like a ricer straight out of the first Fast and Furious movie. Might as well throw some neon's underneath and a giant wing on the back while you're at it. Oh and don't forget the NOS stickers!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
mine line up perfect but the first day i installed them my hinge shifted and went to go open the pass door and it hit my fender so you can notice it if the door is closed and ur looking down the side but its not bad. but its only like that bc the door hit it the first day

·
FreeStyle Fabrications
1,069 Posts
ive owned one set in my life. for daily driving they sucked. after the first week, they weren't worth it on a daily basis.

for a show car, i think they work perfectly to draw people in.

·
lovin my 300+hp hyundai
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is DD car, and I plan to own for at least the next 5 years (already owned it for almost 2) so .. . I D K . Damn...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I don't have them so i don't know for sure, But i have heard that it is difficult to close the doors when you are inside. It makes the handle very high up and you have to grab it while you are standing up while you get in. I think the Gen is one of the very very few cars that looks good with lambo doors. they just arent for me. I would like to have them because i do think they look cool on the Gen, but it seems like it would just be a huge pain in the ass on a daily basis. if it was just strictly a track car though....... MMMMMMhmmmmm....

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
I don't have them so i don't know for sure, But i have heard that it is difficult to close the doors when you are inside. It makes the handle very high up and you have to grab it while you are standing up while you get in. I think the Gen is one of the very very few cars that looks good with lambo doors. they just arent for me. I would like to have them because i do think they look cool on the Gen, but it seems like it would just be a huge pain in the ass on a daily basis. if it was just strictly a track car though....... MMMMMMhmmmmm....
Wouldn't make sense on a track car.. extra mechanisms = extra weight. Show car is a different story.

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
It makes you look like a ricer straight out of the first Fast and Furious movie. Might as well throw some neon's underneath and a giant wing on the back while you're at it. Oh and don't forget the NOS stickers!
+1

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
if you like/want attention get them.Just like most exterior non functional mods.These are no different just more on the extreme side.Same with the audio style led strips in the head lights, ram scoop hoods, and most body kits.

If your willing to pay a little in DD ability while getting a car you like along with the attention to support it (both good and bad remember) snatch a pair.

To me its like a hot female with to much makeup on. Gets tons of attention but is usually a mixed reaction.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
They are fine for a daily driver, Ive had mine on for going on 4 months and maybe raised them up 6-10 times. I only put them up at shows, thats what I like about the kit for the genesis, the doors open plenty far to get in and out without raising them up. I dont have them for daily driving or for attention, I have them for the points they score me at a show. Again I would like to thank Chris from GCtuner for taking care of me with these!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
^Aren't most show car mods attention getters? Also having to worry about other people opening your door, service , not opening it to far, all affects DD. Some people rather not have to think about it, others its not a big deal.

Personally i wouldn't spend the money for them only to use it 1-2 times a month or for shows only.Guess it depends if you got the money and why your getting them.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts