Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a video in the box shows my racing career at Young-In Everland Speedway back in 1992.

I think I can sell this back to Everland for good $$. haha~

You can see from low quality picture that the place was not even cover with asphalt.

Back then, we were racing counter clockwise at the track. Downhill offroad.

picture of corner after corner till hairpin.

high speed downhill

My Impul Hyundai Scoupe 8valve/4 banger before Alpha 12valve came out
Had Bridgestone Rally tire cost $800 each
Weds wheel $400 each
$1,200 hand made roll cage with water pipe

pack of cars in formation lap

first race got 6th place out of 20 cars...lucky? 14 cars retired hehe..

After this, I graduate from Jim Russel Touring car school at Laguna Seca and Skip Barber at Sears Point in 1993.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
You old man you! Awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if they are done renovating the track yet?
You mean extend to longer track to accept international race?

You should contact 제일기획 SamSung Planning or,

Its better to contact Everland Speedway
http://www.everland.com/htm/MultiLanguage/english/htm/Ev/EvNf_Spd.htm

The KGTCR / Super Race is going to start at YoengAm F1 track this season and may have one race in China according to their site.

From above info, I think Everland is not gonna open this year. Maybe after their peak season of the amusement park nearby.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ah I was hopeing they would finish before I left here. I have been here for close to a year and tried to go last april but the track was closed. I am moving to germany in 2 months.

I have been to the F1 track when they hosted the korean GP but it is a really long trip from my location. Especially since I do not have a car here.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah I was hopeing they would finish before I left here. I have been here for close to a year and tried to go last april but the track was closed. I am moving to germany in 2 months.

I have been to the F1 track when they hosted the korean GP but it is a really long trip from my location. Especially since I do not have a car here.
I was there too.

Got Free tickets for Grandstand, but it wasn't really good with rain.

This conversion van was rented from Unavi's other car rental biz in Korea cost $300/day.

We need to travel in style consider our position. Haha..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I was on a bus chartered by the USO when we went. I was in the grandstand as well but I was sorta disappoined that you couldn't really see any of the corners from them and by the rain. But I still had fun either way. I am definately going to the F1 race at the nurburgring after I get to germany and maybe Spa if my budget allows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts