Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
So this $1.99 price for the hardware and license on the gen-tune.com site, what's with the low price point?
Don't think these guys are Lap3.... That does look awesome but only seems to be for the 2.0
While Lap3 is working on 3.8 as well..

TJ

·
Registered
668 Posts
Cant blame them, those ECUs are easy to work with, are the same/similar across an entire model, and there's higher demand. The GC is a very small market so the returns just arent there. I'm surprised they ventured into it at all to be honest.
I get that, but there's a right way of doing things and a wrong way, they went about it the wrong way.

Every update in the thread was how things were looking promising or some BS, then after stringing people along for not just a short time, but for 2+yrs getting their hopes up, they decide it's too much work, "putting it on the back burner for now", blah blah blah.

That's complete BS IMO. They were knowledgeable enough to know from the get go that the Hyundai ECUs were tough to crack AND that there's not that big of a market in the first place when compared to something like the Mustang or Camaro.

I work for a software company and we kind of ****ed ourselves over by telling people we were getting ready to release a brand new version of our software, only for it to be released 3yrs later (this summer). We lost a good deal of business by telling people we were doing something way earlier than we should have. Kind of like what DS did by stringing people along. They got tired of the "it's close guys!" line and went elsewhere.....which is what I did as far as tuning goes. If you look in the DS thread, you'd see that I was pretty willing to wait a while for it to come to fruition, however I wasn't willing to wait after the updates became less frequent with no proof that they were actually working on it anymore.

Edit: And they're still stringing people along...

https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42792&start=30

·
Registered
782 Posts
I get that, but there's a right way of doing things and a wrong way, they went about it the wrong way.

Every update in the thread was how things were looking promising or some BS, then after stringing people along for not just a short time, but for 2+yrs getting their hopes up, they decide it's too much work, "putting it on the back burner for now", blah blah blah.

That's complete BS IMO. They were knowledgeable enough to know from the get go that the Hyundai ECUs were tough to crack AND that there's not that big of a market in the first place when compared to something like the Mustang or Camaro.

I work for a software company and we kind of ****ed ourselves over by telling people we were getting ready to release a brand new version of our software, only for it to be released 3yrs later (this summer). We lost a good deal of business by telling people we were doing something way earlier than we should have. Kind of like what DS did by stringing people along. They got tired of the "it's close guys!" line and went elsewhere.....which is what I did as far as tuning goes. If you look in the DS thread, you'd see that I was pretty willing to wait a while for it to come to fruition, however I wasn't willing to wait after the updates became less frequent with no proof that they were actually working on it anymore.

Edit: And they're still stringing people along...

https://forum.diablosport.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42792&start=30
Fully agree and lol @ their post.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Don't worry guys, the modules have gone into production already and I fully expect them to start selling it in the next 4-6weeks based on recent convos with them.
Heard anything new lately?

·
End Me, Begin Him
689 Posts
They plan to release this month.

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm doing a custom BTR tune in mid November and am wondering the differences between what they're capable of vs. this solution. This is pretty awesome regardless!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
The only problem is majority will not know what the tune to get most power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
I'm doing a custom BTR tune in mid November and am wondering the differences between what they're capable of vs. this solution. This is pretty awesome regardless!

This is a tuning solution. You'd need to find a shop that specializes in tunes in order to use it. I would look for any reputable shop that supports other tune solutions like Diablo sport. It should be pretty similar.

Reach out to them and see what their thoughts are. I already found a local Austin shop that is interested in tuning my car with this

·
'13 3.8 Track
858 Posts
I would think it would have the stock tune installed, at least. Then, it makes you wonder if it'll read your current tune...and a lot of people have them. So will I (finally) get to see what SFR changed when I bought their canned tune? I can see a lot of "tune sharing" going on really soon...which is awesome for all of us!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I would think it would have the stock tune installed, at least. Then, it makes you wonder if it'll read your current tune...and a lot of people have them. So will I (finally) get to see what SFR changed when I bought their canned tune? I can see a lot of "tune sharing" going on really soon...which is awesome for all of us!
Hopefully its not like Diablow/SCT or others for other markets where it "Marries" itself to the car, IE it swaps the stock tune with the new tune, thus you need to retain it and cant use it on other cars.

It will likely come with nothing but the base tune file per your application that you can modify and implement/flash. However without a datalogging method (which they are working on, or you can use something like Torque app) making adjustments without a dyno will be difficult and shots in the dark unless you are merely copying what others have done with canned tune parameters.

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts
Hopefully its not like Diablow/SCT or others for other markets where it "Marries" itself to the car, IE it swaps the stock tune with the new tune, thus you need to retain it and cant use it on other cars.
I think they did post that it will be "married" to the car. So one module can tune only one car. From a business standpoint I can see why they would do this.

·
'13 3.8 Track
858 Posts
Sure, but that doesn't mean you can't swap tune files, does it? I was under the impression that it would let you swap different tunes on the fly.

81 - 100 of 227 Posts