Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Whats weird to me is that for how much they are investing in time and resources to developing an end-user solution, they are pretty vacant when it comes to their social media presence and garnering enthusiasm for their product, especially when it comes to this site. I remember when Tom Dorris was making ECMlink V2 for the DSM's, he was insanely active on both the main dsm site and his own product forums, answering questions, taking feedback about new and possible things that could be adjusted, showing little screenshots of everything, etc.

Im still trying to be hopeful but at this point, im sure ill have a totally different car by the time something worthwhile comes to fruition. Then again, like with the DSMs, they never got a good end-user solution until years after they were out of production. Maybe we will have to wait until a bk2 2.0t is in the $8-10k range and some bored guy with the programming know-how and time on his hands comes along and isnt satisfied with the status-quo and decides to make his own.
All of this.

With the software co. I work for, when they decided to do a ground up rebuild of the software a few years back, they sent out emails to current customers monthly, had sales do cold calls to depts that might have left us for different software, posted on our FB page, etc.

How can you garner enthusiasm about a product when you keep it secret from the public? Sure, they're not keeping it entirely secret, but they're not exactly giving up promising updates either, IMO.

I, too, foresee myself owning a different car before a true handheld tuner is available for this market. Unfortunately.

Reactions: shorttrack

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
for small company i suspect it can be i nightmare,

you have the best mechanic/ingenieer/programmer... do they like the not neccessary pressure of designing a new product and the gazillions poeple that ask for it ??? not always

some people ..prefer to do new stuff with no pressure and if it work's perfect, will annouce it to the world , if it fail ... the trash will be there

·
shorttrack
1,655 Posts
Waste of time .

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I waited since 2012, drove untuned for 30k miles and then just said f it. Got prw stg 2 and now I'm on turbo xs tune. It's not perfect but gets the job done. So, for someone like me, I really careless if any of them come out with anything. Chances are the car won't even be in my possession by the time something comes out.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
I waited since 2012, drove untuned for 30k miles and then just said f it. Got prw stg 2 and now I'm on turbo xs tune. It's not perfect but gets the job done. So, for someone like me, I really careless if any of them come out with anything. Chances are the car won't even be in my possession by the time something comes out.

What kind of issues are you having with the tune? I was thinking about getting a tune by them but had someone local do it. Like you said, it's not perfect but it gets the job done.

·
140 Posts
Waiting for this!

Once I get a turboback, I'll go with SFR unless I already have LAP3 in the car.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What kind of issues are you having with the tune? I was thinking about getting a tune by them but had someone local do it. Like you said, it's not perfect but it gets the job done.
Yeah, it's not perfect but being a cantune - that's pretty much expected, but honestly I did not know it will be that bad... I had issues setting my MBC to 20 psi and boost spikes thereafter. I switched back to OEM boost solenoid and it seems to be a little smoother, especially in traffic but it's still shoots to 20-22 psi even in lower RPM range / engine load. The low speed fan is ON all the time, just like when I was on PRW Stage 2. The car runs pig rich, and from talking to someone on FB, they had to use Dynojet CMD to play with fuel as it was off 15-20%. It's so rich to the point that when shifting, you can hear loud pops from the exhaust. I do like that there's absolutely no rev lag. I also seem to throw more codes than before. I have like 5-6 codes I haven't even seen before back when I was on PRW. I can't think of anything else now but I will get back here if something else comes up.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yeah, it's not perfect but being a cantune - that's pretty much expected, but honestly I did not know it will be that bad... I had issues setting my MBC to 20 psi and boost spikes thereafter. I switched back to OEM boost solenoid and it seems to be a little smoother, especially in traffic but it's still shoots to 20-22 psi even in lower RPM range / engine load. The low speed fan is ON all the time, just like when I was on PRW Stage 2. The car runs pig rich, and from talking to someone on FB, they had to use Dynojet CMD to play with fuel as it was off 15-20%. It's so rich to the point that when shifting, you can hear loud pops from the exhaust. I do like that there's absolutely no rev lag. I also seem to throw more codes than before. I have like 5-6 codes I haven't even seen before back when I was on PRW. I can't think of anything else now but I will get back here if something else comes up.

·
'13 3.8 Track
858 Posts
Soooo....Merry Christmas! Anyone know if LAP3 has released this thing yet?

·
shorttrack
1,655 Posts
Keep wishing .

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in the Ocala area. Who locally did you have it tuned by?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm in the Ocala area. Who locally did you have it tuned by?
Guys name is Armando, he works at Speedline Performance on 301 near the Dodge/Jeep dealership. Actually have to go back to him and have him 1)install my 02 housing since one of the shitty studs sheared 2) re-tune for the 02 housing.

https://www.facebook.com/Boosttc?fref=ts

Reactions: DiabloGen

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Lol yeah wasn't this supposed to be released before Christmas?
Don't mention it in the KATA FB group. Anyone voicing their dismay about the release date not coming forth (not to mention that not a word from LAP3 was said about another delay) is shot down immediately. Like no constructive criticism whatsoever can be said there.

·
Obsessed
1,179 Posts
I'm gonna have to go check it out and laugh at the hilarity...

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Yeah, the KATA group, where they post videos pulling away from random cars on the freeway and claim they just "smoked" em. Bunch of lame ass **** there.

Reactions: JGowen
121 - 140 of 227 Posts