Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Boost Baby!!!
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my X-mas gift to myself. Can't wait to put the stuff in.

:D

·
Boost Baby!!!
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have more things to get before April. But this will do for now.

·
Explosively Canadian
290 Posts
Let me know how it turns out! I'm interested in the Injen SP CAI too, but am starting to have to save up, so my disposable just went *pantomiming plane crash* waaaaah-boom. Depending on how much you like it -- as a possible negative, I hear it's loud -- I might decide to delay saving up just a smidgeon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
iv got the injen intake on mine and yah its loud:D dunno if its louder than an SRI though. It was definitely worth the money in my opinion it looks really nice in the engine bay, and the addition of the intercooler pipes really oughta set it off. Have fun with the install though! :p

·
Boost Baby!!!
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I won't be install until April, when I take my car back out. Doesn't matter to me if the intake is loud or not.

Means its doing its job taking in more air :D

Itsmetd87
Im shooting for over 400whp safely. But I know it will never happen with this turbo or without a built motor. So Im just getting this to were I like it then save for the motor build and gt30 turbo.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Shout at us if you need anything at a good price. :) Good luck with your power goals too!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just a heads up for you when you install the intake and pipes in April, take the WHOLE front bumper off..makes everything so much easier!
Good luck with the power goals too. It's also my goal :)

·
395 Posts
You should take a look at my build thread. might give you some ideas on stuff. I'm also going for about 400whp maybe more depending on how the car acts with that kind of power.

·
Golden
348 Posts
Hey, have fun taking off the bumper and dealing with fitment.. but other than that great intake =p. It is verrry loud not going to lie. When you let your car warm up and the rpms raise high (1.5-2k) rpm it makes it sound like your taking off from a stop sign. By the way, if you find a way to get the new water tank to fit perfectly onto the washer fluid nozzle... let me know. It took me ages to get it on right with that cheap plastic thing they give you. I still don't even have it on right cause it wouldn't fit =\

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Boost Baby!!!
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im usto a loud intake. once I put a 70mm TB on my Tib it did made the same noise. yeah Ill keep you posted when we get it all put in, never had a problem before installing stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Nice to see you it got to you nice and quick! Glad we were able to pack both the intercooler piping and cold air intake together in one box to save you on the extra shipping costs. ;)

I absolutely love how the car feels now that I have my Injen IC piping installed...though I only have an SRI and not a full CAI. Oh well...

(Powdercoated white obviously)

·
Golden
348 Posts
quick question.. why just those two injen pipes? why not a replaced intercooler and the rest of the pipes? i see this set up is very common..

·
Boost Baby!!!
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not everyone has the money for a a new FMIC, and this pretty much replaces the "flex piping" if thats what you want to call it. So that is how you will get the extra hp.

Once I get the money I will be getting a core only and get the piping custom done.
But for now these 2 pipes will do.

SRI and CAI not really much of a difference when you get down to it Mike.
Thanks for getting those out to me, haven't let me down yet.

·
Golden
348 Posts
these are the only two pipes that "flex"? everything else is solid? By the way, how are those for performance? notice any change in sound or speed?

·
Boost Baby!!!
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have not installed them yet, but there will be again in hp/trq so performance i would have to say yes

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice to see you it got to you nice and quick! Glad we were able to pack both the intercooler piping and cold air intake together in one box to save you on the extra shipping costs. ;)

I absolutely love how the car feels now that I have my Injen IC piping installed...though I only have an SRI and not a full CAI. Oh well...

(Powdercoated white obviously)
Can I get a price shipped to 23510 for the injen hot and cold side piping in stainless?

·
Boost Baby!!!
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't wait to put this stuff on. I keep looking at it, April seems so far away.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts