Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made a stupid mistake. My Genny has HID projectors. I was on eBay last week and bought a complete set of ice blue led bulbs. This includes low and high beams which are H7's and then H11's for the fog lights. The problem I'm just realizing is since I have HID's I'm needing D1s. Of course the eBay seller said yeah these will work for you not knowing I had HID's. Partly my fault cuz I didn't catch the mistake. Before I contact this guy and send everything back... I'm wondering if there's some sort of adapter I can buy to make these led bulbs fit. I did a little Google searching but I'm not seeing much so I figured I'd come to you guys before I start a return. Thanks guys.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
716 Posts
Nevermind this post. I got it all figured out.
Well, what did you do to figure it out? I'd like to do the same changeover. Need info. Thanx!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm still struggling to get a working setup going. The LEDs I bought did work but weren't anywhere near bright enough. I ended up having to go with a halogen setup but they aren't close to the color in looking for. I've got 1 other led setup I'm gonna try in a few weeks after I get paid and if that doesn't work I'm gonna convert my headlights to an hid setup. Thought I had HID's but after pulling the headlights out it's just an hid projector with halogen bulbs. I'll keep this updated once I try some other options out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts