Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is how I did mine on my 2012 Track. I have blue LED's. I tapped into the map lights and used a 3 way switch. Up is for courtesy light function. Door opens, lights are on, once the door is closed they dim as the courtesy lights do until off. Mid position is foot well lights off. Bottom position is on at all times (as long as the ignition is on ACC mode. For this mode I tapped into the cigarette lighter wires.
^yep this is the way to go.
I had mines hooked with a music box as well.
Turning it on with the always on switch meant I can adjust to go with the bass from the music

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did this and it works perfectly! thanks so much! i had run wires to the map light but this is so much simpler!

Hi I did this, and whenever I have mine hooked up to the ROOM LP, it comes on when I open/unlock the doors and shuts shortly after I cut the car off and lock it. My problem is that when I am driving, they stay on. My map lights don't stay on though. Any advice?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi I did this, and whenever I have mine hooked up to the ROOM LP, it comes on when I open/unlock the doors and shuts shortly after I cut the car off and lock it. My problem is that when I am driving, they stay on. My map lights don't stay on though. Any advice?
I have mine set pretty dim so its not distracting while I drive at night, I find it nice to have the footwells illuminated. you could try adding a switch and just turn it on and off.I have added a switch to my RGB controller incase I did want to turn it off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have mine set pretty dim so its not distracting while I drive at night, I find it nice to have the footwells illuminated. you could try adding a switch and just turn it on and off.I have added a switch to my RGB controller incase I did want to turn it off.

That sounds nice. And do you use the light dimmer in the car? Or your lights are naturally dim? And how hard was it to wire up a switch if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That sounds nice. And do you use the light dimmer in the car? Or your lights are naturally dim? And how hard was it to wire up a switch if you don't mind my asking?
I used some RGB led strips and a driver similar to this:

DC12V Knob Controls RGB Dimmer Controller for 3528 5050 LED Strip Light | eBay

it lets you control each channel and you can make a ton of different colours. The switch was pretty easy just fuse tap then put the switch between the wire from your fuse tap and the positive terminal on the RGB controller. Heres a picture.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used some RGB led strips and a driver similar to this:

DC12V Knob Controls RGB Dimmer Controller for 3528 5050 LED Strip Light | eBay

it lets you control each channel and you can make a ton of different colours. The switch was pretty easy just fuse tap then put the switch between the wire from your fuse tap and the positive terminal on the RGB controller. Heres a picture.

Wow thanks so much! Maybe I can use this to replace the lights I got from autozone lmao

·
Registered
47 Posts
Before doing that, I'd look into the mutli color kit from diode dynamics.

I'm looking into grabbing their foot well kit just don't have the time to install it right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it a while back in my 13 2.0T. Mine come on with the ignition though. I got a fuse tap ( something like this one ), used one of the fuses on the driver's side, tucked the wires up above the pedals and ran the power/ground to a space in the middle of the console up by the firewall. the front LED strips are tucked into the lower vents and the rears are run under the plastic of the center console and come out under the front seats for rear footwell lighting.
Old post I know, but I have the same issue except mines a lil more involved and I can't figure it out.... I bought some opt7 sidekick led strips, I have the ground hooked to the body, the blinkers spliced into the blinkers, and when I hook the courtesy wire up to the positive on the sil plate led the light always stays on. But if I switch the ground to the sil plate ground wire it works perfectly but then the blinker part doesn't work?... Any ideas? Anyone? I've tried tapping into almost every possible courtesy light with same result.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts