Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3.8 R-Spec - White
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a curb going about 25 and messed up my allignment... after 3 days my left headlight stopped working.... the blinkers/highbeams work fine just the low beam doesn't work...

I have 8k xenons from DD and i took out the bulb and put the stock bulb in and it still doesn't work.... I don't know what to do... any suggestions?

I'm a newbie to this so if you know any other form of trouble shooting let me know!

thanks!

PS: when it was working my left headlight was always brighter than my right... noticeably brighter.... i didn't know if this was from the instillation or what because equally careful with each side

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
Id take the bulb that isnt working and move it over to the right side to see if it works with that ballast if it does then its the ballast if it dosnt then its the bulb. Also if one side was always brighter then the other good mean you had a bad connection to begin with. do you have a relay to the battery for your hids or are they plugged right into the headlight?

I hit a curb going about 25 and messed up my allignment... after 3 days my left headlight stopped working.... the blinkers/highbeams work fine just the low beam doesn't work...

I have 8k xenons from DD and i took out the bulb and put the stock bulb in and it still doesn't work.... I don't know what to do... any suggestions?

I'm a newbie to this so if you know any other form of trouble shooting let me know!

thanks!

PS: when it was working my left headlight was always brighter than my right... noticeably brighter.... i didn't know if this was from the instillation or what because equally careful with each side

·
3.8 R-Spec - White
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doh, good idea! lol i'll try that today... but i plugged in my stock bulb and it didnt work... i dont think it's the bulb.

as for the relay, i don't have one. do you think the relay will fix the issue? i just hate knowing when people see my car from far away it looks like those tacky xenons with one side brighter than the other :(

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
lol if it still doesn't work after switching sides then its probably the ballast if you hit the curb hard and they weren't securely mounted somewhere then you could have messed it up and got un lucky lol. now when you tested the stock bulb did you just set it up how it comes from factory? if so then it could be the connection inside the headlight. let me know what happens and ill see if i can think of anything else

doh, good idea! lol i'll try that today... but i plugged in my stock bulb and it didnt work... i dont think it's the bulb.

as for the relay, i don't have one. do you think the relay will fix the issue? i just hate knowing when people see my car from far away it looks like those tacky xenons with one side brighter than the other :(

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
and as for the relay fixing the issue it could be possible. but then again it could just be the hid kit in the first place. just curious are u using the same bulb from the same company and same ballast from the same company witch im sure u are but that could be a problem as well if your not

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Put the left bulb in the right headlight, and the right bulb in the left headlight.

If the issue follows the bulb, then its the bulb. If the issue stays on the side its the ballast, or a connection.

Troubleshooting done.

Also take note on the bulb that is dimmer. If after you switch the bulbs, the same size is dimmer, then you have an issue with either the ballast, or wiring.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Put the left bulb in the right headlight, and the right bulb in the left headlight.

If the issue follows the bulb, then its the bulb. If the issue stays on the side its the ballast, or a connection.

Troubleshooting done.
*applause*

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
yea that was already coverd lol

·
3.8 R-Spec - White
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I'm not using totally brand new ballasts and bulbs and i also changed some fuses in the box that were burned to all brand new ones...

and my left lowbeam still doesn't work... any suggestions??

I'm trying to avoid taking it to the dealer so if anyone is experienced more in detail with electricals i'm a quick learner...

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
make sure that the connector to the headlight is plugged in all the way.

good indicator of this, is if the blinker blinks faster that normal.

·
3.8 R-Spec - White
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i meant i am NOW using new ballasts and fuses - my blinkers are fine everything seems to be working in order except for that damn low beam lol - anyone have a shop i can take it to in socal close to los angeles area that would be awesome

·
500whpem1
12 Posts
I had this issue as well. I had a flicker on drivers side and intermittant out on the passenger side. The flicker was a bad ballast that eventually totally stopped working, the intermittant out was a bad bulb, looking at the hid bulb you could see what appeared to be broken glass internally. replaced eveyrthing with a 55w VVME kit from ebay and all has been well since. These cars also have the harness running near the lower front frame rail and the inner fender, if any of that was hit, rip off the front bumper and fender liner and check for bare wiring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts