Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am most worried about the weights of these different wheels....Anyone know of decent light weights that come in 18 or 19" and wide enough for the G-coupes rear? There are Volks of course which in an 18/8.5 weigh 16 lbs...Team Dynamics is popular in GT races but only go up to 17 in most designs.
when i think of light weight its either time attack volks, mag te37 or rpf1's. which are all quite expensive. not so much the enkeis though

·
Registered
224 Posts
Honestly, as far as I am concerned, as long as the wheels I end up with are not heavier than the stockers, I'm fine. I can't afford the baller light as a feather stuff. I know that lighter wheels are tremendous for handling, but man... the good light weight wheels are way to expensive.
i'm not too worried about weight of wheels either since im plannin to either s/c or large turbo the car.

dream setup would be wide body car on vs-xx with a massive dish

·
His Majesty the King
1,761 Posts
You do realize the massive performance you gain through lightweight wheels right?

Well...I know of some decently priced lightweight wheel companies....but they are all for racing and only make 17" wheels...18" at max and I am not to sure I like the idea of 17" wheels on the Gen.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ya i think 18 would be the smallest i'd go

and yes, lightweight is teh win but whether my gen is a garage queen or a daily, it's not going to be pushing its limits. im most likely going to build for show (max 40mph on streets and max65 on freeways, that's if it drives freeways)

(ps. this is what my mazda3 looks like when it drives freeways http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2659063504_6f2f411ee6.jpg )

·
His Majesty the King
1,761 Posts
ya i think 18 would be the smallest i'd go

and yes, lightweight is teh win but whether my gen is a garage queen or a daily, it's not going to be pushing its limits. im most likely going to build for show (max 40mph on streets and max65 on freeways, that's if it drives freeways)

(ps. this is what my mazda3 looks like when it drives freeways http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2659063504_6f2f411ee6.jpg )
lol....seriously....that is freaking awesome....

·
His Majesty the King
1,761 Posts
I am new to this whole staggered fitment and massive lip thing so all my old favs don't really work...

·
GenCoupe.com Dictator
830 Posts
2nd gen TE37s?!?!?!? they look supercalifrigginawesome!!!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I think this wheel is the sexiest wheel i have ever seen but it costs like 5k with tires. And i love the fact that it looks like a upgrade to the beautiful 19's with a LIP.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I want these wheels for the gen. They cost $2100 with tires and the rear rim has a 5 inch lip, and another thing im a sucka for 5 star split wheels.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts