Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I could use some help with where to start. Was driving hard on the way home from work and went into limp mode, won't rev over 2500 rpm. CEL popped on so i checked the codes and got p2261 and p2122. Can anyone point me in the right direction to start looking?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,458 Posts
P2161 Vehicle Speed Sensor “B” Intermittent/Erratic
P2122 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low Input

Did it go away when you cycled the key?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Your first code is wrong. It should be 2261 - Turbo Bypass Valve Mechanical. I didn't cycle the key but I did disconnect the battery and the ECU after I cleaned the BOV and checked the vacuum lines. The code came right back though. Would I still need to cycle the key?

Edit: Also should mention that I am not using the stock solenoid for my BOV. I have it running off a T at the check valve. I noticed several months ago that the cap I had put on the solenoid popped off and I totally forgot to replace it, but haven't had an issue at all. Would it start throwing the p2261 code all of a sudden?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. After double checking everything again I reset the ecu and started my car. Now there is absolutely zero throttle response from the gas pedal. It’s like it is completely disconnected.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,458 Posts
Low input would be a voltage problem with one of the ETC wires. maybe disconnect the connector on the throttle and reconnect?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The connector on the throttle body, or something on the throttle pedal? I disconnected the plug on the TB and reset the ecu again. Still no response when pressing the gas pedal.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
P 2261

BOV code. Common to alot of aftermarket BOVs especially HKS. Has to do wuth spring pressure. Not a big deal. You should be able to run a torque app diagnostic and clear it along with the limp status.
Also can be indicative of over boost,.. happens more in colder weather.

Some tunes render this as a common occurrence when you "get on it".

The 2500 rpm thing is a standard limp mode response.

I dont have a 2.0T, so I dont know your TB setup.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, nothing. Gas pedal still completely inoperable after disconnecting and cleaning the TB.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So I shouldn’t order a TB then? I wouldn’t even know where to start with the pedal. Is that something that can be fixed by a novice? Also, this is all happening after someone ripped my stereo out, and destroyed the dash. The whole dash had to be replaced and this started happening on the way home from picking my car up at the shop. If my dash was all pulled out and replaced, would the wiring for the throttle be in the path of all that work? Or completely unrelated?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Having to towed back. Too much of a coincidence if it isn’t a mechanical problem. Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Red Raspberry
1 - 15 of 15 Posts