Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a BBM lip spoiler for my car. It comes with 3M tape on it already, and I've heard most people just apply the spoiler with nothing but tape. I'm just making sure that just the 3M tape will be secure enough. I'm trying to avoid screwing holes into the trunk.

If you've installed a spoiler with just 3M tape, how long have you had it on the car? How is it holding up?

Thanks.

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
tape holds it on fine, just make sure you clean your paint well before applying it!!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
How much tape is on it? And it def says "3m" right?

If there is a decent amount of tape esp around the edges you should be just fine, much better than drilling.

·
Registered
350 Posts
had mine for almost 3 yrs and it hang on fine... except that the ends starting to peel up(i think i due to the heat in summer, and different expanding rate of the spoiler and trunk?)
anyways, i had it taken out last week(and it was a work out, specially the middle section), and my coworker helped me drilled holes on the edge of the trunk, and we put 2 screws on the ends of the spoiler, so it sits flat and smooth now

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. There is 3M tape all across the edge of the spoiler.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nice man, time to take a pic for us :)

·
Manitoba GenCoupe
220 Posts
I've had mine on for about 6 months and NO issue whatsoever. It's plenty strong enough. Like already mentioned make sure your trunk is CLEAN before you apply!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the good info. I'm getting my trunk indentation filled and shaved first, so it'll be a few weeks before I put the spoiler on so the paint can settle.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
nicee, mines been on almost 2 years, no trouble

1 - 12 of 12 Posts