Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bought a trashed Gennie on auction and it's got a large hole in the block. I have good tools/resources and will be rebuilding myself but I want to save money while making it drivable.. Could I swap the coupe engine block with the Sedan block? I hear they're pretty much the same motor, just different tune/heads.
Could someone shine some light? Can I put in a whole 3.8 sedan motor and save myself the 4k price difference vs the coupe motor?

Pls be nice I'm a noob.

·
Premium Member
16,201 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought a trashed Gennie on auction and it's got a large hole in the block. I have good tools/resources and will be rebuilding myself but I want to save money while making it drivable.. Could I swap the coupe engine block with the Sedan block? I hear they're pretty much the same motor, just different tune/heads.
Could someone shine some light? Can I put in a whole 3.8 sedan motor and save myself the 4k price difference vs the coupe motor?

Pls be nice I'm a noob.
No, starter is on the opposite side.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Keep looking you can find the right used motor from a junkyard, it might take a while but they re out there for not that much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts