Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked the threads on here and I know alot of guys have posted pics of there stuff, but I am looking for a carbon fiber knob for the auto. I have read a lot of reviews that people have said the inserts used for fitment are crappy on some and the knob just spins instead of staying locked in place. Have been looking at some of the Momo and NRG carbon shift knobs.

·
Registered
651 Posts
i see a couple of cool momo knobs, but they say they mount wit set screws which is not something i want.
is it an M8 that we need? Male or female thread?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Blox Racing is all you need to know. I have their spherical 490 and it is amazing. It weighs 1 lb but is smaller than a pool ball. It makes your shifts feel much more precise. You out to check them out.
Disregard. I just saw you had an automatic. Oops!

·
INSTRUCTOR
131 Posts
I used some carbon Fiber vinyl wrap on the "chrome" part of the oem knob.
Been very happy. Has held up over a year.
Just use heat and trim.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used some carbon Fiber vinyl wrap on the "chrome" part of the oem knob.
Been very happy. Has held up over a year.
Just use heat and trim.
Maybe I will try this until I can find the one I am looking for. off topic I did judt purchase a Sig myself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blox Racing is all you need to know. I have their spherical 490 and it is amazing. It weighs 1 lb but is smaller than a pool ball. It makes your shifts feel much more precise. You out to check them out.
Disregard. I just saw you had an automatic. Oops!
Well I am not worried about that as long as it will fit my car as well. Just looking for a nice carbon look.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Arc has some really nice and expensive knobs with this measurement. Anybody test fitted an Arc titanium knob?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Away from the car for a week, what is the height of the stock knob?

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but couldn't find anyone with this. Has anyone tried the sickspeed knobs? They make M8x1.25 ones and they have different colors/finishes. I'm thinking about grabbing one off ebay for $35, but if the quality is terribad, I'll stay away.

·
KDM FTW
2,612 Posts
I was looking at those too. I want to get the blox knobs but don't want to deal with the thread kits to try to make it work. I've just never pulled the trigger with these yet.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
I think I'll bite the bullet. Not sure what color to get though. I know it's one of the two that I posted. Car will eventually be painted midnight purple II (have purple lugs already), and I'd really like to get my interior redone to white. I know MPII color shifts a bit, which is why I'm torn between neochrome, which would also match the exhaust tips kinda, and purple. There wouldn't even be a choice if I could find a teal one, but they don't offer that color, lol.

Thoughts?

·
KDM FTW
2,612 Posts
Neochrome looks good 24/7 on anything!

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
I suppose I'll go with that then. If I don't care for it, then oh well, it's just $30 lol. Could send it to you if you want it and I'll order the purple. Will take pics when I get it.

edit: $8 shipping, jesus

·
KDM FTW
2,612 Posts
Absolutely. If you don't like it ill take it, or if you do and it looks nice ill just buy my own.

Hell, when your car is gettin painted, have them paint that too. See if they can try to keep a super chrome / metallic finish but make it MPII

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I got a Flossy knob. LOVE IT!!!

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts