Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch felt strange to me since maybe I am not used to a performance clutch. It seemed additionally springy in the middle section of the clutch action. Is this normal?

Also, I had trouble finding the biting point. It seemed to me really high, like just about right after the springy middle section, the it finally made the car move. Is this normal?

My friend said the clutch could be worn, but the used gen coupe had only 30k km (19k miles)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
That's how mine was at 6k mi when I bought the car. Got used to it. But you can buy adjustable clutch rod to set engagement point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's how mine was at 6k mi when I bought the car. Got used to it. But you can buy adjustable clutch rod to set engagement point.

I think I would look into that adjustable clutch rod, but then again maybe I'll just get used to it, how long did it take for you to get a good feel of where the biting point is? It just seems strange because the biting is after the springy middle section and the sheer spring force makes it easy to miss the start of the biting point and make the clutch release too fast

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Few days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts