Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about getting one of these cars as my 2005 SL55 AMG is starting to show it age and is costing me an arm and a leg to maintain. I like the looks of the Genesis Coupe and I think the 3.8 Track would be fast / powerful enough to make me happy and it will save me a couple dollars in fuel a month.

Of course I will have to see what they will give me for trade in on my SL55 AMG first.

Also, I think I like the Tan interior... but is that only available on the Grand Touring?

Why do they limit the build you own on their website?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you go!

yeah, that's so that they can control cost.

I'm guessing you can get a straight up trade? If I were you, I'd keep the AMG. Can you post picture so we can droll on it? :p
Boy that would be nice if I could get a straight up trade! Don't think that will happen though looking at KBB and NADA website but I will find out tomorrow.

Here are a couple shots of the AMG for you to "Droll on" or did you mean Drool on??? ;-)

And yes it is as fast as it looks and fun as you know what to drive!

·
Banned
22 Posts
Coming from the AMG you'll probably want the extra performance/luxury features of the track trim - but I'm going to throw my vote in for the GT.

1.) Because I have one so I'm obviously bias.

2.) I love the tan interior, its breaks up the monotony of all the normal black interiors, plus I'm not a huge fan of red....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Tan interior or not, I'd have a hard time believing you wouldn't be happier with the track trim performance goodies coming from an AMG (which is very :gc-drool1:-worthy btw.)

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Get the track and have leather, suede, or whatever you want wrapped on the seats. Buying the material and installation for that would cost a lot less than having the track goodies installed on a GT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the feedback!

I have decide to go in another direction as I like my open air driving to much and went with a 2011 Lexus IS 350c which I pick up this Friday. Not 500HP like my SL but over 300HP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts