Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way back when my father and I knew a boat ton of installers... then with the introduction of big box stores various shops closed down and we became a rare breed.

I used a guy that worked at best buy queensway to do some work a couple years back on my danger ranger... now with the release of the 2013 dash kit I am looking to get some work done...

I don't want to pay out my ears but I also don't want some two bit to get some experience on my genny. Remember there are some guys out there who own shops that still use electrical tape and don't use ground loops and make a mess if they are inexperienced.

If anyone has a trusty installer all you help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have checked with audio heaven got a quote... just want to see who else is out there before I run to the first number

Thanks

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Way back when my father and I knew a boat ton of installers... then with the introduction of big box stores various shops closed down and we became a rare breed.

I used a guy that worked at best buy queensway to do some work a couple years back on my danger ranger... now with the release of the 2013 dash kit I am looking to get some work done...

I don't want to pay out my ears but I also don't want some two bit to get some experience on my genny. Remember there are some guys out there who own shops that still use electrical tape and don't use ground loops and make a mess if they are inexperienced.

If anyone has a trusty installer all you help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have checked with audio heaven got a quote... just want to see who else is out there before I run to the first number

Thanks
ground loops....you want them????

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh totally had a brain fart there I guess... was typing this post out last minute before leaving work....

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Check out Audio Heaven. The service there is amazing.

Audio Heaven

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Come on down to my little town, we'll drink some beers and cut some wires. I've done all my systems myself, and AFAIK I'm the only person to PROPERLY integrate a subwoofer into the Infinity sound system.

(Hint: I didn't use an LOC)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Come on down to my little town, we'll drink some beers and cut some wires. I've done all my systems myself, and AFAIK I'm the only person to PROPERLY integrate a subwoofer into the Infinity sound system.

(Hint: I didn't use an LOC)
if its an oem changer its already at 10k ohm just put on some RCA ends

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
if its an oem changer its already at 10k ohm just put on some RCA ends
Bingo, and tap the amp turn-on wire.

This way you get proper signal, not one optimized for an 8" sub.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
And I know I could have done this as pigtails, but the project box means that there's never any flexing on my solder points and it sits behind my back seat anyways where it can't be seen. :D

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
And I know I could have done this as pigtails, but the project box means that there's never any flexing on my solder points and it sits behind my back seat anyways where it can't be seen. :D
the box is great idea

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
the box is great idea
I thought it was. Every once in a while you have to think inside the box :rofl:

It's not complicated by any stretch of the imagination, but it does the job perfectly. I had to raid an old battery backup for a small enough gauge wire, lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update... Install completed by custom audio video in Newmarket. They were willing to work with some of my gear still kicking from my previous vehicle. Install was clean and quick. Good guys, easy to deal with. Check Em out if your in the area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts