Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The title says all. I am really frustrated with my life right now & under a lot of stress. I am thinking the best way to shove off this excessive amount of stress is to go for a really long drive. Probably I will take 2 days off from work for that.

So far I have found...

1. Pennsylvania Magazine Best Value Road: PA 44

2. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Pennsylvania_114.html

Any more suggestions??:gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b

--------------------------------
2010 Genesis Coupe Track 3.8 ZF
--------------------------------

·
xFa
446 Posts
Amazing way to blow off steam :) hope you enjoy your drive!!

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Drive down to the spring run of the Tail of the Dragon!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
53 Posts
A friend of mine moved to Williamsport and on a visit we drove PA 44, I can tell you it's really a blast, and very beautiful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

Thanks guys... Yeah I really need to blow off some steam :) I was looking at Dragons tail videos ...its amazing! and not to mention all those bikers!! don't know about that part. Though its too early for the bikers to go out but you never know.

Yeah... PA 44 would be also my best bet. As far as I read online, its a very secluded road.

A friend of mine moved to Williamsport and on a visit we drove PA 44, I can tell you it's really a blast, and very beautiful.
How was the traffic?

·
Registered
29 Posts
At one time it was secluded ............now we have natural gas drilling and all the heavy equipment that goes with it . We have two farms right off 44 and I drive this road quite often . In addition take wildlife into the equation , I have personally had 8 deer collisions . There is an incredible road not far from reading pa if you want info pm me .

Geo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to hear that Shirke :( Well I pm'ed you for that Reading road.

Thanks Mel for the reply... But I might check that road out. Still looks a decent place to me.. :)

·
future 14 2.0t rspec
1,374 Posts
there are bunch of roads in the Stroudsburg area as well. You can make quite a nice loop of really good roads between wind gap and delaware water gap area.

one i like in particular is 191 between Bangor and Stroudsburg...only like two turn offs and almost no driveways. I did notice that they lowered the speed limit once in monroe county from 55 to 45...though i have noticed an increase of patrols...still just about zero. haha

There are also some great backroads from bangor (off of 191) that lead out to 512 out in the mount bethel/water gap area. Lake minsink rd is one of them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
US 322 between Duncannon (just North of Harrisburg) and State College is a spectacular drive, if you can get it at a time there's not much traffic. There's many nice, sweeping, inclined turns that you can take at a decent speed. At the start there's the nice scenery of the Susquehanna Juniata Rivers. The highway is up on a pretty high ledge overlooking the river for much of the trip. Closer to State College there are what pass for mountains on the East Coast.

The last time I drove that route was on the way to my sister's college graduation last summer. I was driving my old Celica at speeds I won't state in a public forum and grinning ear to ear. My Celica has no power, but it does handle well. I should go back over that stretch of road with the Genesis at some point.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Drive down to the spring run of the Tail of the Dragon!

:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

Thanks guys... Yeah I really need to blow off some steam :) I was looking at Dragons tail videos ...its amazing! and not to mention all those bikers!! don't know about that part. Though its too early for the bikers to go out but you never know.

Yeah... PA 44 would be also my best bet. As far as I read online, its a very secluded road.

How was the traffic?
LOL, no I mean you should plan to come down and join the rest of us. Twice a year we do a Gen Coupe Rally on the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding fun roads. I drive all the way out there from Houston, TX to blow off steam since TX is flat as a pancake where I live. The spring run is just around the corner, you can find me info here:

http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/117731-gensport-united-2013-spring-run-dragon.html

As for motorcycles, yes there are a good deal of them, but we have a schedule system in place where we hit roads and avoid a good deal of them so it isn't that big of an issue at all honestly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, no I mean you should plan to come down and join the rest of us. Twice a year we do a Gen Coupe Rally on the Tail of the Dragon and surrounding fun roads. I drive all the way out there from Houston, TX to blow off steam since TX is flat as a pancake where I live. The spring run is just around the corner, you can find me info here:

http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/117731-gensport-united-2013-spring-run-dragon.html

As for motorcycles, yes there are a good deal of them, but we have a schedule system in place where we hit roads and avoid a good deal of them so it isn't that big of an issue at all honestly.
Now I feel stupid for not hearing about this earlier!! Its not far away from me at all..:( Wish I could join but too little time to take 4 days out from both of my work.

When is the next event after this Bill?

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Now I feel stupid for not hearing about this earlier!! Its not far away from me at all..:( Wish I could join but too little time to take 4 days out from both of my work.

When is the next event after this Bill?
Next event will be the bigger fall run probably in early October.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I -80 is indeed good but I was looking for a road with curves ;)

Thanks Bill.. Will surely join in the fall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts