Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am looking to get a mild exhaust for my genesis as it is way to loud as is. It is a full 3 inch straight pipe from the turbo with 2 straight through resonators and when I get on the throttle it screams and I hate it. Was thinking about buying an axle back exhaust and attaching it to my exhaust now but I’m not too sure if I want to do that. Looking for a single exit exhaust that has a subtle rumble on idle and have some noise when I accelerate. I have watched videos on some exhausts but videos never do justice. Either looking to buy a whole cat back exhaust or buy some mufflers to quiet the tone down. Not 100% set on the single tip yet so i may just buy a small muffler or two to make it quiet.

Anyways the main point to this post. Would an axle back exhaust hurt performance and would it quiet it down heavily?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
465 Posts
Hello everyone I am looking to get a mild exhaust for my genesis as it is way to loud as is. It is a full 3 inch straight pipe from the turbo with 2 straight through resonators and when I get on the throttle it screams and I hate it. Was thinking about buying an axle back exhaust and attaching it to my exhaust now but I’m not too sure if I want to do that. Looking for a single exit exhaust that has a subtle rumble on idle and have some noise when I accelerate. I have watched videos on some exhausts but videos never do justice. Either looking to buy a whole cat back exhaust or buy some mufflers to quiet the tone down. Not 100% set on the single tip yet so i may just buy a small muffler or two to make it quiet.

Anyways the main point to this post. Would an axle back exhaust hurt performance and would it quiet it down heavily?
Probably the ISR Street would best suit you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts