Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Genesis coupe 2.0 turbo R-spec. I'm looking for a replacement (secondary?) cat for the car. It is under the middle of the car and is 10.25 inches from flange to flange. The original one got fouled with oil from a bad turbo.

Thanks,

Steve

·
shorttrack
1,605 Posts
Vibrant makes resonator of different lengths,they also make flanges of different size.Pull your Cat and get the measurements ,look up vibrant products on Summit racing or Jegs online catalog .Made/welded together a set for my R-spec 3.8 .

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
758 Posts
Get a test pipe. Throws no CEL when replacing secondary cat.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can gut the secondary cat out with a pipe or pry bar and just bang the crapola out of it. There are no O2 sensors on it so it won't throw a CEL. It will look like you never modded it and flow like a test pipe, so the authorities can't say anything.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I’ve got a pair if you want to stick with the OE set up. I tried test pipes, but the rasp was intolerable. Like shorttrack I also ended up with fabricated resonators that worked, but I was close to $400 by the time they were done. $100 shipped for the pair. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
I need a good resonator for my 2L with the Turbo XS exhaust. Getting tired of the noise. I will need to be cut and welded in. What's a good one?

I used Vibrant and the results were exactly what their tech line said they would be. Talk to Greg Lister.

I had a local race shop fab up mine.

·
Registered
371 Posts
those look to be about 12" long? And you had the flanges welded on?

They are the 12” resonators cut down (PN 1792, I think). The shop opened up the flanges, slid the end inside, and welded inside and out for added strength vs butt welding them. I had to do a little clean up work on the slag before installation, but they were indexed perfectly and went in with no issues.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
I need a good resonator for my 2L with the Turbo XS exhaust. Getting tired of the noise. I will need to be cut and welded in. What's a good one?
Yesterday I had the car jacked up and was looking at my exhaust. It already has a 18" resonator so I don't think a different one would help. There is room for a 24" one. Probably need to replace the muffler with a non straight through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts