·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all would I have to do to reach 300-350whp
I have a cold air intake
Will be doing a 3? exhaust from the turbo
Fmic
And looking at bigger injectors probably 550cc and tune would that get me around my goal hp range?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a cold air intake
Fmic
And looking at bigger injectors probably 550cc and tune would that get me around my goal hp range?[/QUOTE

No from what I have read on here the stock turbo is good for up to 250 whp more or less with a tune and full bolt ons. Remember once you start to boost the stock turbo over its efficiency range your just blowing hot air. Also the stock internals are good to 350 Hp dont know if thats at the Fw or to the wheels. I personally wouldnt go for more then 300-320WHP unless you upgrade the internals. To get anywhere around 280-320 whp on a stock turbo you would have to get the compressor and exhaust housing upgraded, and if your going to do that your better off going with a turbo upgrade.

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts
I have a cold air intake
Fmic
And looking at bigger injectors probably 550cc and tune would that get me around my goal hp range?[/QUOTE

No from what I have read on here the stock turbo is good for up to 250 whp more or less with a tune and full bolt ons. Remember once you start to boost the stock turbo over its efficiency range your just blowing hot air. Also the stock internals are good to 350 Hp dont know if thats at the Fw or to the wheels. I personally wouldnt go for more then 300-320WHP unless you upgrade the internals. To get anywhere around 280-320 whp on a stock turbo you would have to get the compressor and exhaust housing upgraded, and if your going to do that your better off going with a turbo upgrade.
Stock conrods are garbage on the BK1 motors IMO. Blew a hole in my first motor at about 250+ HP.
conrod snapped just under the small end, below the wrist pin. When it went, I was cruising at about 2k rpm.

piston, rings and chamber were fine, so it wan't necessarily the tune.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Stock conrods are garbage on the BK1 motors IMO. Blew a hole in my first motor at about 250+ HP.
conrod snapped just under the small end, below the wrist pin. When it went, I was cruising at about 2k rpm.

piston, rings and chamber were fine, so it wan't necessarily the tune.[/QUOTE]

Wow sorry to hear that AKGC.
Were you still running the stock turbo when the rod went on you? Was that 250whp you were pushing or a lil more? I read on here peps making 300-350HP dont know if that was Fw or Whp, but I was skeptical when I read that and I figured at that power level if it doesn't blow up now eventually it will cause its not safe at anything above 320-350whp

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that AKGC.
Were you still running the stock turbo when the rod went on you? Was that 250whp you were pushing or a lil more? I read on here peps making 300-350HP dont know if that was Fw or Whp, but I was skeptical when I read that and I figured at that power level if it doesn't blow up now eventually it will cause its not safe at anything above 320-350whp
I was running a hybrid turbo... basically a blouch td04 turbo. Which isn't much different than stock, just basically bumps up the efficiency range a few psi.

·
Love the corners
27 Posts
You are getting into the upgrade the engine internals at this power at the wheels range.

What you'll need to get W/O going into the engine.

A QUALITY TUNE.
Higher pressure turbo impeller
Quality blow off valve
Quality boost actuator
Quality waste gate
Quality higher flow fuel injectors
Quality cold air intake
Quality brake rotors and pads
Quality cat back exhaust or illegal off road pipe
Quality intercooler
Quality spark plugs
Quality transmission clutch upgrade whether automatic or standard
Quality tune

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
blablabla

I have 2011 2L rspec and I run td06sl 20g with DW 750cc injectors and I am right about 350ish to the wheels for over a year and a half now boosting 20-22 psi on stock engine. I also have full bolt ons and both of my manifolds are ported, polished and ceramic coated. I run on turboXS cantune, which is not perfect but it works and as you can see I still haven't blown my block. I mean if I do - no big deal, it's not too hard to find a bk2 motor these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts