Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cranky old bastard
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 3.8L Ultimate.

Clutch pedal got mushy, then went to the floor. Noticed I was losing brake fluid and sure enough, fluid is dripping out of the bell housing. Soooooo... looks like the tranny is coming out for a new slave and TOB.

I've been wrenching and building cars for decades, but never done anything to the Gencoupe. Anything to watch out for or hidden "gotchas"? (Any chance this is covered by warranty so I don't have to wiggle my old fat ass into 12" of space and drop a tranny? :D)

While I'm at it, are there any options available for a better clutch and the factory DMF? Can't seem to find much 3.8L love while browsing around the forums and interwebs.

·
Cranky old bastard
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got everything pretty much disconnected and about ready to drop it, but can't get the crank sensor plug off to save my life. Should I just pull the whole thing out, or is it indexed and a PITA to get back in?

Also, does anyone know what this tranny weighs? Is it going to crush me when it (invariably) slips off the jack and onto my chest? :D

·
Premium Member
15,072 Posts
for the cranks sensor, if it's the same as the 2.0 (which I would be surprised if it wasn't), you press in the straight part of the metal clip, then wiggle it out.

on the 2.0 the harness side (the side with the metal clip) of the connector is in a friction clip that slides on sideways. probably the same on the 3.8....

OR you can just unbolt the cranks sensor from the bell housing from the engine bay with a bunch of ratchet extensions.

·
Cranky old bastard
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just unbolted it and pulled it out.

Got the tranny dropped without too much problem. Have no idea how I'll get it back in though with those stupid shifter braces and no wiggle room.

·
Cranky old bastard
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not finding any options for replacing the DMF with a SMF, other than a Clutchmasters flywheel I found for like $1300 or something ridiculous like that...for just the flywheel.

Could use some suggestions, as info seems to be very limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts