Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while changing out my antifreeze I noticed a small leak on the 90 degree elbow tube coming off the left side of the radiator drain port. I was hoping I just added a little too much antifreeze, but I've never noticed the leak before. Any help would be appreciated (and if it's not normal, I would love the part number to replace it if possible, thank you guys for being amazing)

·
Premium Member
15,555 Posts
If I understand what you are saying correctly, that is the actual radiator drain.
The valve to open/close it, should be located just above it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I understand what you are saying correctly, that is the actual radiator drain.
The valve to open/close it, should be located just above it.
My hero! Thank you, I didn't have enough room to stick my head under the car and check! I was going based off what my dad was saying, I'm glad we are both just some fools that over worried and aren't some fools with a major issue.. I just moved from California to Indiana, and was so sure I might have frozen the line and had it burst Thank you for putting my mind to rest <3

·
Premium Member
15,555 Posts
If you have a 50/50 mix of coolant/water you should be fine... I live in alaska

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a 50/50 mix of coolant/water you should be fine... I live in alaska
It should have been 50/50, I replaced a radiator hose and payed for a radiator flush, but all that came out when I went to check was rusty water with a tiny tiny bit of coolant. Looks like they just put some in the reservoir to make it look green, that coupled with the shiny hose, I thought it was all good and never rechecked after some heat cycles. I'll never make that mistake again, I was having a major heart attack!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts