Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, first of all sorry for my bad English, I have a problem in my genesis coupe bk1 2.0t, the car seems to lose acceleration at times, it seems like the turbo stops working and the bov makes half the normal noise, it turns very slow. The problem goes away when I turn the car off and back on, but then it reappears after a while.
I'm also having white smoke in the exhaust
when idling, I don't know if it's related.
What could be the problem?

·
Premium Member
15,259 Posts
lessen the preload on the wastegate actuator.
ECU is going into limp mode because it sees too much boost for what it likes to see.

It's either that or you washed your engine bay without keeping the connectors dry (I had this happen to me)
There is a wire coming from the transmission bell housing, follow that to behind the intake manifold, disconnect the connector and blow out/dry the inside of the both ends of the connector.

Limp mode doesn't limit fuel.
it cuts throttle to about 1500~2000 rpm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lessen the preload on the wastegate actuator.
ECU is going into limp mode because it sees too much boost for what it likes to see.

It's either that or you washed your engine bay without keeping the connectors dry (I had this happen to me)
There is a wire coming from the transmission bell housing, follow that to behind the intake manifold, disconnect the connector and blow out/dry the inside of the both ends of the connector.

Limp mode doesn't limit fuel.
it cuts throttle to about 1500~2000 rpm
I'm going to check that wire, if that's not the problem what else could it be? How i can less the preload on the wastegate?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts