Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to replace my oem low beams with Diode dynamics HID s. Apparently they have all their own ballasts, and wont draw a U100 error from our canbus.

Stock halogen are yellow in color and put out about 1,000 lumens each.

These I'm getting in 6,000 K which are the ice blue ones. They put out 3,000 lumens each.

****If you have replaced yours, I dont care what brand,....tell me your experience good or bad.

Im nor replacing my high beams because I'm putting on two high powered driving light from Rigid industries. A driving, and a spot. The spot is good for 1,000 ft.

I had these on my Super VT, they are like airplane landing lights............LOL.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
802 Posts
Love my HIDs. I also ordered from Diode Dynamics. Light output is great and you can definitely see more of the road. I ordered mine 5 years ago and they're still going strong. You will probably have to adjust them a little lower though because I kept getting high beamed by oncoming traffic when I first got them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I tried other conversion kits for 2013-2016 Hyundai Genesis coupes and they didn't work. You need the predrilled caps and the light holder/adapter. Plus you also need the special CAN Bus ballast that Diode Dynamics provides in their kit. My Innovoited kit did not have that and the lights rarely worked unless at idle RPM or the car off completely. I was so hype with the color and brightness over the halogens until I started driving and noticed they went out:/ Stupid mistake by me thinking I could piece together the kit for less. Pre drilled caps and holders are available on Amazon btw to any future buyers...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kit is in. They are wonderful. Better than my expectations. Kit is solid, 3 year warranty. Easy easy install. Everything provided. Kit even came with a monster relay and harness,(which was unecessary). I'll use it when I hook up my rigid industries aircraft landing lights,...LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts