Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I'm wondering if it's possible to install an LSD on genesis coupe 2.0t 5 speed automatic transmission and if so what type of aftermarket brand do recommend, thanks for the help

·
Registered
214 Posts
You can just get OEM lsd from track version,
I got one for my 5spd auto, just waiting for install

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I was planning but then i heard it might have some compatibility issues. I hope you won't face any problems with yours. If you can kindly once you install yours on your car let me know how it went, i would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
214 Posts
you are located in Turkey ?

If yes then sourcing one may be a bit difficult but they do fit with no issues. Only potential problem are the Axle - BK 1 has splines that go into lsd while BK 2 has something like 'cups' that go out of lsd

Depending what type you get you may need rear axle shafts
In my case i got 3.9 lsd BK1 so it will go in no issues into my bk1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in turkey yes. And the genesis coupe was only imported here for the model year 2011 with a premium package 2.0t automatic transmission..

And you are right i have to find me a bk1 lsd from abroad... Which is going to be a bit hard. Or I'm thinking of getting this one. Quaife ATB Helical Limited Slip Differential (LSD) for 2010-16 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
let me know if you think it would be a good idea to get this after market lsd or would it work for me at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you have the coin to spend sure, but i cant tell how it will feel.
TBH i never had LSD, the one i have waiting for instal is OEM from wrecked gen coupe

Maybe other forum members may say something on this ATB lsd. Now as for your location - this is a problem, I'm in same boat (located in Poland), so its hard to get any decent parts OR very expensive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it's indeed expensive.. thanks for the help, i guess i will be waiting for your lsd and see whether you recommend it or not. If so then I'll get the same one as you. Hopefully it will all go well with your installation.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,721 Posts
Can you arrange shipping from the US? I see the LSDs on FaceBook all the time. One for $300 right now in my area.

Seems to me the Customs is the major headache. I use to ship to Canada though and it was pretty easy on my end through USPS.

Here is their International Freight shipping page. I would guess the LSD weighs about 50 lbs?

·
Registered
214 Posts
i guess i will be waiting for your lsd and see whether you recommend it or not. If so then I'll get the same one as you.
Its winter in Poland - sub freezing temperatures and i still have to paint it - it will take some time (also waiting for a car lift)

Can you arrange shipping from the US? I see the LSDs on FaceBook all the time. One for $300 right now in my area.

Well Red maybe a business idea :)
parts forwarder, there is some market in EU for US cars parts forwarder :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Seems to me the Customs is the major headache. I use to ship to Canada though and it was pretty easy on my end through USPS.

Here is their International Freight shipping page. I would guess the LSD weighs about 50 lbs?

Thanks for the interest in the post.

So wait i didn't quite get it.. How can i handle the shopping from back here.. Or do you mean the shipping costs only. If so then yeah absolutely.
But I'm still not sure whether I can do the conversion to lsd or not on the bk1 automatic 2.0t.. I honestly looked a lot for a similar situation but i couldn't find anyone who already had it up and running.

To be honest the web page you sent me was really complicated and confusing. So i checked other websites they gave me an estimation of 300 dollars for shipping only

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,721 Posts
I found the destination customs to be the issue with cost for one. Canada was terrible but the other common carriers had even higher fees. I'm just offering an idea and it wold be costly no matter what I assume.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the interest in the post.
Ok i just swapped it out(whole carrier)
3.909 Open to 3.909 lsd

Was actually not tat easy we had problems getting the suspension bolted back, any way if you need any info just let me know.

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
Ok i just swapped it out(whole carrier)
3.909 Open to 3.909 lsd

Was actually not tat easy we had problems getting the suspension bolted back, any way if you need any info just let me know.
Yeah, the rear is wanky to work on. You're going to have fun getting at the rear caliper carrier bolts to change out the rear rotors, when you do change them out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, the rear is wanky to work on. You're going to have fun getting at the rear caliper carrier bolts to change out the rear rotors, when you do change them out.
For the future generations i would really advise to get a lift for LSD job, i theory its possible on a drive way but i would not want to do it that way.

BK2 styled lsd is easier as one can just lower the dif down (axels don't have spline connection inside the diff but are bolted)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts