Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the dealership today to see if I had a boost leak or anything and I told the guy that the turbo sounded like it wasn't spooling right, and he just looks at me and goes "Well how would you know that..." (obviously because with stock intake it makes 0 sound)...

So I just kind of told him that it was accelerating weird ...

Went and waited, an hour later he comes over and I was thinking "Oh god he's gonna tell me that they won't look at it cause it has an intake and exhaust" (They did oil change and stuff as well that's why it took so long)

He starts saying stuff like "performance exhaust" and all this other stuff, and tells me that the problem seems to be that stock ECU accounts for back pressure, and since I alleviated the back pressure with exhaust, the ECU doesn't know that and still drives like there is back pressure, so the car will act funny unless I get it tuned specifically....

Ends up the guy is into "performance" as well, owns an RX7 and told me that it's their job to note any mods in the computer so they can possibly deny warranty work down the road, but he said he wasn't going to put anything in for my car....really cool guy, going to try and get him every time I go in for service now.

He also gave me the go-ahead to install a boost guage, I read other threads that people have installed them and dealers have denied looking at the car because of this....

Just wanted to tell everyone my happy story :]

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Nice to hear a dealership advisor actually understanding & being cool with mods.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well that is great but it is sad that it seems to be the exception to the rule and not the norm. I do not see why anyone who has read up here would take a car in for warranty work with anything other then stock. It just does not seem worth it unless you are willing to pay.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I'm a Hyundai service advisor & never put anything regarding mods in the notes of anybody's car service history. :D

But, if we find that a mod caused a failure during a visit, I gotta hit that pocket. You gotta pay to play & even I don't get by with that. ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is great but it is sad that it seems to be the exception to the rule and not the norm. I do not see why anyone who has read up here would take a car in for warranty work with anything other then stock. It just does not seem worth it unless you are willing to pay.
Why did I go in with an intake? because there's no MAF sensor, it's literally just a pipe and a filter...what's the stock intake? a pipe and a filter....Idk I see no problem with having an intake on the car since there is no MAF sensor, nor did they even say anything about it, he mostly mentioned my exhaust....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts