Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
stock car modified driver
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to install an intake but the maf is being really stubborn to take off...is this normal? i've done it before on a scion tc but this is getting ridiculous seems like this thing is glued on. any tips?

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Stuck on what? You need to be more specific. I will say it is screwed down to the air box.

Bill

·
Registered
165 Posts
i think i know what your talking about, i had a problem taking it off u have to press down on the grey tab and that comes off then theres another tab on the black piece that you push down on and pull out

·
Registered
165 Posts
fyi look very very closely where you have to push its hard to tell

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
i'm trying to install an intake but the maf is being really stubborn to take off...is this normal? i've done it before on a scion tc but this is getting ridiculous seems like this thing is glued on. any tips?
watch the RRM video on their site showing the removal process

·
stock car modified driver
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for everyones input! i ended up just not taking the MAF sensor of the pipe because i was too scared of damaging it lols. i just took off both stock ends and installed the new piping.

·
DA KID
429 Posts
sorry for bringing up old thread but do you know if hyundai have a replacement part for the maf sensor? The black clip part broke off.

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts
Anyone know where one can purcahse the grey clip tab that snaps onto the MAF electrical housing? When I was installing my CAI I dropped it into the engine bay and could not recover it.

·
2010 3.8 Gen Coupe!
287 Posts
anyone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts