Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to the forum here and wanted to get some of your opinions on the Magnaflow Axleback.

I'm currently running stock everything and wanted to make my gen sound a bit louder and deeper without too much raspyness or droning. I had a conversation with one of the guys at a local muffler shop and he recommended the Magnaflow Axleback system. $490 plus tips installed.

Does anyone here have this set up on their gen? If so I'd love to hear any feedback on it as when I searched it up on YouTube all I found were videos on it for Mustang's.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Best sounding exhaust would be Solo, closely followed by Magnaflow (full exhaust)

Spend abit more and get something that will add power not just noise.

Solo

Magnaflow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback guys! Unfortunately it is spending a lot more to get those cat backs as I live in Canada. With the shipping and conversion from USD to CAD I'd be looking at like $1200 for that.

My gen is just a daily driver and I don't take it on the track or anything, so adding horsepower really isn't at the top of my priority. Just want it to sound nice. Would the axleback sound similar to the catback system?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys! Unfortunately it is spending a lot more to get those cat backs as I live in Canada. With the shipping and conversion from USD to CAD I'd be looking at like $1200 for that.

My gen is just a daily driver and I don't take it on the track or anything, so adding horsepower really isn't at the top of my priority. Just want it to sound nice. Would the axleback sound similar to the catback system?
Sound will be different with full exhaust.
Unique performance is located in Canada, check their prices

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked them out! They got great stuff, again nothing really cheaper than $1200 though.

Thanks for the information anyways.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Get custom built at the way from cata then for $500-600

Reactions: Triple-D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Axel back? Why?

Im running the magnaflow Catback and it sounds nice. A bit loud but other then that it doesnt sound like allot of the crap ones around. Be prepared for upcoming rattles ! lol

·
Yoda
129 Posts
Hey guys,

New to the forum here and wanted to get some of your opinions on the Magnaflow Axleback.

I'm currently running stock everything and wanted to make my gen sound a bit louder and deeper without too much raspyness or droning. I had a conversation with one of the guys at a local muffler shop and he recommended the Magnaflow Axleback system. $490 plus tips installed.

Does anyone here have this set up on their gen? If so I'd love to hear any feedback on it as when I searched it up on YouTube all I found were videos on it for Mustang's.

Thanks in advance!
I went with the Magnaflow catback exhaust on my 2011 GT and it sounded great. Only problem was the drone inside drove me nuts. Ended up welding some J-pipes on it to diffuse the drone. Made it better. I went full Borla catback on my 2016 and love it! Sounds really good (I don't personally care for real loud) and no drone ;) Look for sales/discounts offered from time to time. The Solo looks almost identical in design to the Borla, and claims "no drone" as well, but I'm not sure they have one for the 2015-16 model. Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just checked them out! They got great stuff, again nothing really cheaper than $1200 though.

Thanks for the information anyways.
Damn that's cheap! LOL the cheapest exhaust for my Audi is $4k CAD. Big reason I plan on doing a cheap muffler delete and calling it a day haha.

·
Yoda
129 Posts
Damn that's cheap! LOL the cheapest exhaust for my Audi is $4k CAD. Big reason I plan on doing a cheap muffler delete and calling it a day haha.
They aren't cheap, but here's one for just over a grand ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
They aren't cheap, but here's one for just over a grand ;)

I suppose cheap is all about perception. I'm used to seeing exhausts for $4k, so seeing one for $1,200 looks like a bargain. Sad really lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts