Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone on here running the Magnaflow catback (16478) with a catless downpipe? I have seen plenty of just the catbacks but I cannot find any sound clips/videos of a turboback using this exhaust.

I had a turboback custom made and replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow but it is VERY raspy under full boost. I am wondering if the 16478 paired with a catless o2 housing would be as raspy or would it have a smoother sound.

Thanks guys!

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i'll confirm this. I had the magnaflow catback kit installed and had a custom downpipe with HFC installed.

under high load the turbo back is very very raspy, kinda annoying. haven't installed a resonator though

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It drives me nuts, it has the honda bumblebee sound!

I had the injen catback with a turboxs o2 housing previously and there was no rasp at all.

This is the only video I have but you can hear how raspy it is under full throttle..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hmm well here's a video i made of the 16478 with and without a downpipe. sorry but this is the only video I have, i don't have any clips of it under load.

http://youtu.be/IL40gv1ZcEU

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine did not have any rasp before the o2 housing was installed. The only thing that I can think of is that the different sized piping is causing turbulence and therefore rasp. I was wondering if going to the 3" magnaflow would solve that since all of the pipes are the same size and you wouldn't get that disturbance.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
that or it's just the muffler itself. if you increase the piping it would increase the flow...now wouldn't that make more turbulence and make the rasp worse? lol!

i think it's the muffler itself

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
if you get someone to rev the engine while you listen closely you can easily pinpoint its the muffler

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The odd thing is that you can rev the crap out of it all day long sitting still and it sounds normal with no rasp but as soon as you put load on while driving it gets raspy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts