Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

i'm wondering if someone add a manifold riser to the 3.8L 2010, and if yes is there a benefit?.
3point8 have one they claim +15whp before tuning

thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I’ve had the manifold riser on my bk1 3.8 for about a half a year now and I can tell you it’s worth it 100%. Now I have not dyno’d my car to show proof but from experience it really does pick up more torque earlier, like around 3.5 ish rpm. It’s definitely noticeable. A few months later I got a custom alphaspeed tune and I’m almost certain it picked up more than 15 whp and 19wtq. But in conclusion I think the numbers before tuning sound about right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I’ve had the manifold riser on my bk1 3.8 for about a half a year now and I can tell you it’s worth it 100%. Now I have not dyno’d my car to show proof but from experience it really does pick up more torque earlier, like around 3.5 ish rpm. It’s definitely noticeable. A few months later I got a custom alphaspeed tune and I’m almost certain it picked up more than 15 whp and 19wtq. But in conclusion I think the numbers before tuning sound about right.
Thank you for the answer, I will try it too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I have one and had my car dyno tuned by SFR and he told me there really isn’t a big difference in power. If it was the only mod done to the motor then you might notice a difference but it really just helps the car breathe better. I’d say get it just to have it! But if you haven’t already get the throttle controller 100% worth it. Wakes the car up big time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts