Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put in a manifold riser and all hoses are plugged into the right place and everything is tightened but when I go to start the car it revs up really high. It didn’t do it until I put the riser in. Some help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Vacuum leak, do you have gaskets on both sides of riser?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I do and everything is lined and the manifold bolts are tightened up but it just keeps reving up

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Im guessing you just, "tightened" your bolts. There is a very specific order specific torquing and clocking, and its a two pass procedure. Also if you reused your old gaskets you should have used K-copper aerosol.

Find the method and stats,take it apart and do it again.
I think 3.8 has it on their website under instructions. Get the copper spray its awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if it’s not a vacuum leak and you did the TB Bypass then make sure you’ve reset the ECM. the bolt order is 1,3,5,2,4,6 @ 25lbs

·
Premium Member
15,356 Posts
if it’s not a vacuum leak and you did the TB Bypass then make sure you’ve reset the ECM. the bolt order is 1,3,5,2,4,6 @ 25lbs
coolant throttle body bypass has nothing to do with it. Think about it.

Grace, define revving "really high".

If it's under 2000 rpm, then wait a minute for it warm up, then see if it drops back down to 700~1000 rpm

·
Registered
31 Posts
coolant throttle body bypass has nothing to do with it. Think about it.

Grace, define revving "really high".

If it's under 2000 rpm, then wait a minute for it warm up, then see if it drops back down to 700~1000 rpm
Yeah true, but it helps to have all the proper stuff & procedures checked off.

double check everything, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and wait half an hour. warmed up and no vacuum leaks, the BK2 3.8 should ideally be revving at 720-790rpm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts