Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’m new to the genesis community. Picked mine up about a month ago but I have a question

I have a 2010 auto 2.0t and I find the manual mode to be very jerky n almost sluggish. Just curious if there is anyway to fix/change that.
Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oil change maybe ?

Generally the A5SR1 is .. not to pleasant to drive, its sluggish in manual mode. Not sure if there is any TCU tune for A5SR1, maybe something based of a REA transmission would work. But honestly my opinion is this 2.0 BK1 should be driven with Manual - i have A/T and believe me i know pain of this gearbox - its just bad.

In other words, get used to it or manual swap it. Alternatively if you are brave and have tone of money go for bmw ZFHP transmission and standalone controller like GCU.

·
Premium Member
15,553 Posts
the sluggish issue is inherent.

The jerky issue, could be because of ATF levels.
My suggestion is to NOT flush it (partly because Apollo RED 1K fluid is over $10US a quart, the other is because flushing with a machine [usually are one of those quick lube places] may cause issues. If it does cause issues, then the only option is to replace the transmission)
Just have a shop check the fluid. Drain some if overfilled, or top off if under filled.

·
Registered
233 Posts
In my case i first flushed only the pan, and after some time i made a full flush via oil cooler line
It DID help as the transmission started to work better (gearshifts smoother and generally better to drive) but one of the clutches tends to slip under v.high load so would have to change the clutches.

The forum posts say this trans does not like to be on same oil for longer then 100k miles and i can attest to that i made a flush at 120k (salvage title car) and oil was dark and had shaving in it. If one changes it at 60K it should be good for a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts