Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Manual seat swap to electric

13K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Mic43 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

So I scooped up a set of 2.0T track seats to swap with my black cloth seats but ran into a little problem. The driver side seat is electric (forward/back and lumbar adjustment) while my setup is all manual. Does anyone here have their own solution/DIY to make the seats work? I believe from what I read that the driver side with a manual seat has 2 connectors while the electric has 3. I'm trying to see if the seller would pull the harness out so I wouldn't have to cut any wiring. Even if I did that, would the harness be direct plug n play? Any info/clarification would be appreciated!!

#3 ·
Thanks Red! Knowledgeable as always. Got a few questions though cause I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff.

So is what you're saying is to just run a wire to the switch (S05 in the picture) from a power source?

#5 ·
I don't have the seats on me so no pics until this weekend sorry! I'm trying to get the seller to ship the harness that was with the electric seat and know that it's just 1 extra connector than on the manual harness. Wondering if I take that extra connector and connect it to a power source/ground, will that power the seats? Say fuse tap somewhere inside the driver side fuse box. And you're saying the seats require 30a power?

#6 ·
The S05 connector is the only one on the seats. All the connections it makes but the 12v+ in are internal to the seat, there should be a harness already there going to all the different motors from S05. So there should be one wire coming from the fuse box to terminal 10.

The wire diagram shows a 30A fuse for the seats. #12 wire should be used you may be able to use 14ga.

#7 ·
Ahh, I see what you're getting at now. So basically I will have no use for the harness that came with the electric seat. The FS11 connector will be not used I'm assuming? I got a picture of the S05 connector today and the black/brown wire would be the one I hook up to the fuse box? I noticed the driver side fuse box has a 30a P/seat fuse which I guess is not in use and should tap into that

#8 ·
Hey Red! Need some insight. The terminal 10 wire that hooks to the fuse box.. what would be the best way to wire that? I was thinking using an "Add-a-circuit" but seems the 30a fuse is too much for those.

#11 ·
The circuit is hot at all times so you can get the 30A wire from anywhere that is hot at all times. The engine fuse box has terminals where the main cable comes in you can tap off of that.

But I would guess the power runs to the fuse box no matter what version of the car you have. Just need to get from there to the seat.

#13 ·
Yeah, you just run power and ground to this connector: