Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the manual has a high failure rate in Canada/USA...mine recently let go as well (only 17 000 kms).

There is obviously a flaw in the design.

Are korean owners having similar failure rates?

I refuse to have my transmission changed until Hyundai admits and rectifies the problem with the design.

When I changed my fluid at ~6K kms, it looked like gold paint...I was concerned but dealer said it was fine. 11K kms later and the transmission lets go.

Transmission in these cars = junk.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looseness when engaging R, 1, 2, 3, 4 (5 and 6 are fine)

Once the transmission heats up, it makes a rattle sound in neutral and even if clutch is fully depressed, while stationary, running the shifter through the gates makes a loud "thump" and can be felt throughout the car and through the shifter. There isnt any grinding, just an overly notchy engagement.

I have to admit, I was sure all these tranny problems were due to driver error...I was wrong.

Car still drives but its just a matter of time.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
:squint::ugh::(:wtc:

Really not lucky with your GCs...

/Fingers crossed

·
As the days go on..
375 Posts
looseness when engaging R, 1, 2, 3, 4 (5 and 6 are fine)

Once the transmission heats up, it makes a rattle sound in neutral and even if clutch is fully depressed, while stationary, running the shifter through the gates makes a loud "thump" and can be felt throughout the car and through the shifter. There isnt any grinding, just an overly notchy engagement.

I have to admit, I was sure all these tranny problems were due to driver error...I was wrong.

Car still drives but its just a matter of time.
i think mines starting to do the same thing not even 2k miles on it yet

·
거침없는 크럿&
376 Posts
i know the rattle sound you're talkin about. the Korean gc's have that too. i thought at first it was a rod knock. haven't heard the thump.

but even with that noise, the transmissions are bulletproof. we drift our cars competitively on the track and daily drive/mountain drift, which is very harsh on the driveline, and haven't had a transmission break yet.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
hyundai finally replaced my transmisison 2 days ago .. my car is going fine now but i will try to put as much mileage as i can before storing the car for the winter ..

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hyundai finally replaced my transmisison 2 days ago .. my car is going fine now but i will try to put as much mileage as i can before storing the car for the winter ..
They agreed to replace mine too but I am going to wait until spring. I am parking the car for the winter soon, hopefully by spring they will have made a revision to the design.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
I had a rattle noise too, even with the clutch depressed. Ending up being the DMF. Mine had excessive play in it. I switch to a competition clutch and flywheel. My rattle has gone away and the trans feels great!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Chuck Norris piss extract

/ THREAD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts