Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since there has always been a misconception that we here at MAPerformance ONLY sells performance parts, we are going to be updating this thread daily with some other stuff that goes on around the shop. This will range from new product pictures to dyno videos and even staff shenanigans! So consider this thread your daily behind the scenes look at MAPerformance!

After a quick once around the shop today I was in the fab department and caught Matt welding up a collector for an evo x turbo manifold. I thought it was a neat shot.

We all get bored easily so help us keep this thread fresh, give us your feedback on what you guys want to see and we will not disappoint!

: Send us a PM|||||
: NateAtMAP|||||
: 1-888-MAPERFORMANCE x 114|||||
: [email protected]

: The MAP blog - Get the inside track on what we're doing!|||||
: Check us out on Facebook|||||
: Follow us on Twitter

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Well folks, today I went and visited Dan in our ceramic coating department; what we have here today is a set of CP Pistons getting prepped for the MAPerformance Dry Film Lubricant Treatment.

The preparation process involves alot of masking and trimming, media blasting, more masking and trimming, fine cleaning, the application of coatings and of course the final curing process.

A little more masking, then they are off to get cleaned and coated!

MAPerformance Dry Film Lubricants are the best solution for any moving part subject to sliding or rolling friction such as valve stems, cam journals, side skirts of pistons,
and main bearings. This coating will minimize galling and scuffing thus increasing part life. Clearances are not effected when this coating is utilized.

All combined, these coatings will yield lower part temps for longer part life and an increase in exhaust velocity by minimizing heat lost in the process, resulting in a boost
in power (~1-6% depending on application), not to mention they look good. All from just a coating!

Combine these coatings with cryo treatment and you will have performance parts that last!

Be sure to check back for more! I'll try and get a picture of a finished product for you guys!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

So I visited Matt once again in the fab department and came across his latest creation...

This is a custom turbo and manifold combination for the DSM 4G63 engine. Matt has been working with Kyle from R&D on this.

The combination is currently classified as "Top Secret"...

However stay tuned in to our Blog for more info to come!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

So this morning I stopped by the engine building room to see that the lads over at Golden Eagle have come through for us once again with the sleeving on this very fresh Honda B18C engine.

As you probably already know here at MAPerformance we do all of our engine machining and assembly in house.

However, sleeving is definitely an art and we leave that task to the pros at Golden Eagle.

If you need an engine built. We're your one stop shop!

Please contact us for unbeatable pricing on these products, also keep in mind we will match or beat any competitors pricing on so called "package deals"!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Oooooohhhh, I can't wait til my build is to the point where you are subletting my block for sleeving.

BTW Any pics of the P&P work that was done on my stuff? :p

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am certain they are floating around here somewhere. I am going to check on those pictures for you right now!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I wandered up into shipping today to find this hot little number all ready to ship out!

This is a Hyundai Genesis 2.0T Intake manifold which has received the MAPerformance REV 3 porting service. After that, it received the MAPerformance black thermal heat dispersant coating!

These manifolds see the porting department, fabrication department for cutting/welding, and finally the coating department. Sounds like alot of work right?!

The REV3 porting service has proven to provide up to 10% HP/TQ gains over the stock units in most applications!

For more updates and news check out our Blog and Facebook!

Thanks

Please contact us for unbeatable pricing on these products, also keep in mind we will match or beat any competitors pricing on so called "package deals"!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Very Nice, thanks for posting pic.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Care to guess who's that is?
mememememememe...Muhahahahaha....

10% increase on just the IM P&P sounds great, esp if it carries over to the bigger #s I will be putting down later with your 16G bolt-on....that would equate ~ 35whp just from IM mod. Then add the gains from the EM & turbo P&P......yep, sounds like a winner! I don't think I will need tubular intake or exhaust manifolds for a VERY long time.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well folks, today I went an visited Dan in our ceramic coating department again. What we have here today is that set of CP Pistons I showed you last week which were getting prepped for the MAPerformance Dry Film Lubricant Treatment. Well, as you can see. They are done and ready to ship out today.

MAPerformance Dry Film Lubricants are the best solution for any moving part subject to sliding or rolling friction such as valve stems, cam journals, side skirts of pistons,
and main bearings. This coating will minimize galling and scuffing thus increasing part life. Clearances are not effected when this coating is utilized.

All combined, these coatings will yield lower part temps for longer part life and an increase in exhaust velocity by minimizing heat lost in the process, resulting in a boost
in power (~1-6% depending on application), not to mention they look good. All from just a coating!

Combine these coatings with cryo treatment and you will have performance parts that last!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Good Afternoon Folks! I went and visited Alex in the engine assembly room where he was assembling this Mitsubishi 4B11 engine. This particular engine utilizes the latest forged pistons from Wiseco, MAPerformance Ultimate Duty Connecting rods, and ACL Race bearings.

We don't settle for anything less than the best in our machining, and port work, and we certainly don't settle for anything less than the best for our engine builds. We have developed techniques and custom solutions for each platform we work on, ensuring our customers get the best builds possible. We choose only the best quality components. When there aren't 'good enough' products on the market, we often times will make our own such as the Ultimate duty rods for the EVO and DSM markets. We then inspect, blueprint, clean and assemble our engines in our clean room. We have had great success in building countless engines; everything from the weekend warrior to the all out race car.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Howdy! So on a quick journey around the shop today I came across this box of freshly hardened Billet Shift Selectors for the Dodge SRT-4.

The MAPerformance Billet Shift Selector is a direct replacement for the brittle, cast component installed from the factory. Machined from 4140 chromoly that has been hardened to 50 HRC for the ultimate in strength and durability this shift selector will take anything you can throw at it and we include a one year warranty to back up that claim! If your stock piece hasn't failed yet, it's only a matter of time! Be proactive and preserve your peace of mind! It may not be pretty to most, but it's strong!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well, after an exhausting weekend I came in today to find this stack of blocks awaiting machining. Looks like Alex our engine builder has alot of work ahead of him once we get the boring machine back in action.

As we've grown, we have worked with numerous machine shops that do some things right, and compromise in other areas. It's the same with just about anyone we have worked with. Not willing to settle for anything less than the best in quality, we made the decision to move the majority of our machine work in house to not only better control the the quality of the work, but to also minimize time lines.

Our Boring and honing process is setup to provide a superior bore finish, with tight tolerances in mind. We are able to provide tight tolerances of tenths of thousandths, not half thousandths like many shops do. We do this while still providing a superior finish, plateau finished to perfection for the ultimate in ring sealing, and ring lift.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Saw this little devil sitting up in receiving, I figured I'd let those of you who haven't seen one yet get a quick peak. This is the newest Garrett GTX-R turbocharger.

The next step in the evolution of the turbocharger is here! Garrett® GTX-R Turbos feature all new compressor wheels with next generation aerodynamics and improved efficiency to deliver wicked performance!

Garrett® GTX-R Turbochargers provide higher flow and greater boost pressure ratios beyond the world-class Garrett GT Series compressor wheels.

* 10%+ Gain in flow over traditional GT compressor wheel designs

* 10%+ Higher pressure ratio compared to traditional GT compressor wheel designs

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I will be taking one of them in my final build stage3....GTX3076R please...

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Good afternoon folks. I came across Jim prepping this 4G63 block, which came in for an MAPerformance Stage 2 short block treatment. Look at the rust he's knocking off this old iron block! No worries though, we'll have it as good as new in no time!

These blocks get brought down to bare clean metal and painted/coated for a lasting finish!

I'll be sure to get a picture of the finished product for ya!​

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Good Afternoon Folks. I was back in the welding booths and found Chris, happily working on this Evo manifold. As you can see here it is getting fitted on the jig before welding.

Once it's done here, it will be making its way over to the porting department to smooth everything out, then it's off coating department where it will be media blasted, cleaned, and coated.​

1 - 20 of 86 Posts