Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed before i just want to find out if anyone here is running same/similar set up as me and what psi are they running..

Chasis: Gen1
Motor: 2.0 Gen2
Clutch: Stage 2 competition
Injectors: 750c DW
Intercooler: ISR FMIC
Exhaust: ISR Catback
02 housing: ISR
Turbo: 20G twin stroll- ISR Evo8/9
ECU: SFR Custom tune (was tuned at 17psi on bk1 motor and 20g Turbo)

Since the tune was done on old set up and i have more upgrades to handle more power i wanted to know if i could up the boost to 20-22 psi?

I want to hit 400+hp. Should i look into upgrading CAMs before increasing the boost? I am located in Toronto and i dont really know/trust any garages that specialize in Gen coupes so i lf i can avoid upgrading CAMs/Pistons it would awesome.

Thanks guys

·
I'd rather do it myself
20,101 Posts
What's your boost at peak rpm? Hitting 20-22 is not much of a problem even with the BK1 stock turbo with a tune. Holding it to redline is another matter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your boost at peak rpm? Hitting 20-22 is not much of a problem even with the BK1 stock turbo with a tune. Holding it to redline is another matter.

its only 17psi. bk1 motor had high mileage so couldn't push it further.
Did a bk2 swap and compression results were 155 +/- 2 for all 4.
After the swap i added FMIC & Cat back.

Adding braided sleeves for cold air intake tubing, heat wraping the intake manifold & 3 inch down pipe this weekend.

I cant think of anything else i need for safety before increasing the boost..

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
Max PSI you ask..................Till it blows, then back off 1 or 2 PSI:rofl:

Duro

Reactions: Forcefed13

·
Premium Member
16,498 Posts
Stock, the BK2 motor supposedly peaks at 20 psi According to some BK2 owners.
But that was with the the original 19T TD04HL

With a different turbo the Dynamics change as to what you "should" be running.
Tune-wise (spark) you can push it a little higher due to the lower compression, but that's not accounting the additional fuel you'll need.
Get another custom tune.

With my experience, I don't trust Hyundai internals regardless if its a BK2 motor. I rather have the peace of mind that the conrod isn't going to snap in half (which happened on my first motor)
EDIT:... and the motor I'm waiting on parts for, to rebuild, had a gouged main journal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock, the BK2 motor supposedly peaks at 20 psi According to some BK2 owners.
But that was with the the original 19T TD04HL

With a different turbo the Dynamics change as to what you "should" be running.
Tune-wise (spark) you can push it a little higher due to the lower compression, but that's not accounting the additional fuel you'll need.
Get another custom tune.

With my experience, I don't trust Hyundai internals regardless if its a BK2 motor. I rather have the peace of mind that the conrod isn't going to snap in half (which happened on my first motor)
EDIT:... and the motor I'm waiting on parts for, to rebuild, had a gouged main journal.
Thanks, i don't trust the internals either although they are supposedly better than bk1....but my by how much and exactly why i have no idea..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts