Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, yes i did search for this but got no results.
But so basically i was talking to my dealerships mechanic about mods, and i asked him about a turbo replacement but he told me theres no need to buy a bigger turbo because the stock one can boost up to 30psi after the new twin scroll upgrade. So basically excluding the turbo whats the maximum boost you could achieve without hurting the internals of the engine or maxing out the injectors? ive heard about stock engines running 22psi but then again i dont want to risk it because id rather not have to replace the engine, although swapping in that tau v8 wouldnt be so bad. :gc-drool1:

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
It may hit 30psi but it will not hold at that level at higher rpms. Also 30 psi is out of the efficiency range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the thing though, when i buy a tune i will be buying another ECU to put it on, that way if im just driving and doing stuff i can slap on the stock ECU, but when im racing or trying to have some fun slap on the tuned one, so thats why efficiency isnt really a priority. So basically you mean it will peak to 30psi but would quickly drop it down as your rpms raise? but also where would the internals/feul injectors max out?

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
Thats the thing though, when i buy a tune i will be buying another ECU to put it on, that way if im just driving and doing stuff i can slap on the stock ECU, but when im racing or trying to have some fun slap on the tuned one, so thats why efficiency isnt really a priority. So basically you mean it will peak to 30psi but would quickly drop it down as your rpms raise? but also where would the internals/feul injectors max out?
You will be limited by the injectors. Some say they are larger than last years I've only found a larger fuel pump. But I don't know the limits. My GUESS would be 350-375 depending one the tune. Block wise 425-450 is a safe number because of the forged internals. Could be more with BA tune.

You will be safe with a turbo back, SFR stage 1 when it's released, upgraded I/C piping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohh alright great, i never would have thought it could handle even 425, so along with what you said if i added a sri and boosted like 22-25 it would all be fine?

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
ohh alright great, i never would have thought it could handle even 425, so along with what you said if i added a sri and boosted like 22-25 it would all be fine?
Look at my signature.

·
Registered
425 Posts
^^^ how did you get 28psi? You only have the sfr .5 canned tune right? I only peak at 24psi... How did you get to 28?

·
ABC with a GC
868 Posts
Its just a peak/spike at 28.

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
It may hit 30psi but it will not hold at that level at higher rpms. Also 30 psi is out of the efficiency range.
An ecu doesnt determine the efficiency. 30 psi youll just be blowing hot air

·
Registered
875 Posts
slick have you ran your car at the track? i want to know what kind of times your putting down

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
28 psi on stock injectors?unless they have increased in size, your engines life has probably decreased severly.......

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
28 psi on stock injectors?unless they have increased in size, your engines life has probably decreased severly.......
As stated earlier it's a spike! doesn't last more than a second. Oh and BTW the injectors are capable of supporting atleast 320 hp and I'm not pushing that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As stated earlier it's a spike! doesn't last more than a second. Oh and BTW the injectors are capable of supporting atleast 320 hp and I'm not pushing that.
With 28psi do you have a dyno chart so i could see hp/tq gains?

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
spike is still that much pressure in the manifold, even if its for a split second...
pre-detonate is still pre-detonate, id rather make 10hp less safely then spit a rod...
also if you look up volumetric efficiency of the turbo im fairly certain the maximum output is like 22psi, ur just stressing the engine and blowing really hot air

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
spike is still that much pressure in the manifold, even if its for a split second...
pre-detonate is still pre-detonate, id rather make 10hp less safely then spit a rod...
also if you look up volumetric efficiency of the turbo im fairly certain the maximum output is like 22psi, ur just stressing the engine and blowing really hot air
That's true and I would care if I was pre-detonating. with AFR's of mid 10's to low 11's I think I'm safe. Have you seen graph for the new turbo or are just blowing smoke?

Also if I had any detonation the dual knock sensor would be going crazy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts