Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
2013 black 6 speed 2.0t
236 Posts
I thought a lot of the guys with the .5 tune are hitting 24 psi now. I hope 22 psi is not the limit of the turbo since stock is like 18-19 psi. Does anyone really know?

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
I thought a lot of the guys with the .5 tune are hitting 24 psi now. I hope 22 psi is not the limit of the turbo since stock is like 18-19 psi. Does anyone really know?
I spike to 28 if I'm in the right gear, but I always hit 24 if oil temps are up. I have yet to see a compressor map for the new turbo. I do have a feeling we are all beyond its efficency range.

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
No just some information from the guy who custom tuned my ECU

·
Premium Member
16,213 Posts
Higher than 30 psi you'll develop boost creep.

IIRC, stock is already 20psi which is the turbo's sweet spot as far as efficiency goes

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
Right now the only way I can control boost is by removing the SFR .5 or my race O2 housing neither is gonna happen unless dealer work is being done.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You think the dealer would put a problem if they see my o2 housing ? If im just changing my oil? As of now they have not told me anything ....i have downpipe/test pipe...bov...SRI from wiertech....:dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look at my signature.
Hey bro I’m running a gt3071r Garrett I havnt got my final tune but what all did you do to get your power? So far I’m at 1000cc injectors bigger intercooler 340lph fuel pump electric boost controller and ngk laser spark plugs. Please hit me back when you can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats the thing though, when i buy a tune i will be buying another ECU to put it on, that way if im just driving and doing stuff i can slap on the stock ECU, but when im racing or trying to have some fun slap on the tuned one, so thats why efficiency isnt really a priority. So basically you mean it will peak to 30psi but would quickly drop it down as your rpms raise? but also where would the internals/feul injectors max out?
I think what he means by turbo efficiency is that there comes a point when a turbo is spinning too fast for its size and it gets hot. So all the cool air that is supposed to be going into your engine is too hot and will end up doing more harm than good to performance as well as reliability. That’s why bigger turbos can be pushing the same amount of boost as a smaller turbo but the bigger turbo has more surface area and can stay cooler than a smaller one spinning faster to push the same boost number

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will be limited by the injectors. Some say they are larger than last years I've only found a larger fuel pump. But I don't know the limits. My GUESS would be 350-375 depending one the tune. Block wise 425-450 is a safe number because of the forged internals. Could be more with BA tune.

You will be safe with a turbo back, SFR stage 1 when it's released, upgraded I/C piping.
Is OP running forged internals? I didn’t see him mention that anywhere. I know nothing in the motors is forged from factory.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts