Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 2014 that someone has done alot of mods to but no tune:
BC coilovers- ISR downpipe- ISR o2 housing- ISR test pipe- spacer on bow off valve...

Engine light is on, With the ISR o2 housing will selecting "Secondary O2 sensor" = "off" option on SFR tune keep the engine light from coming on and allow me to pass Texas inspection?

Looking at the mods what questions should I ask them?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
106 Posts
Always ask about maintenance. Especially if the timing chain/components were replaced.
I don't think that tuning out the O2 light will pass. They read they ECU. Don't quote me though. I am Canadian and dodge stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
15,555 Posts
Looking at buying a 2014 that someone has done alot of mods to but no tune:
BC coilovers- ISR downpipe- ISR o2 housing- ISR test pipe- spacer on bow off valve...

Engine light is on, With the ISR o2 housing will selecting "Secondary O2 sensor" = "off" option on SFR tune keep the engine light from coming on and allow me to pass Texas inspection?

Looking at the mods what questions should I ask them?
Likely won't pass.

If they check for any issues by reading the OBD port, the "second o2 off" in a tune, only keeps the o2 sensor at a "ready" state.
This is why it will not pass.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I have to pass emissions every 2 years here in NJ and have to put all factory emissions stuff back in it, cats, injectors, ecu, even stock turbo, but I do it myself in about 4 hors of work, and wile I have the aftermarket turbo out I can inspect it and rebuild if necessary, clean the injectors.
It will not pass with SFR tune.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts