Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Well that seals it, this will be ordered NOW!! Thanks all for the reviews, as of late I have been very skeptical of drive train mods because of horror stories, but this new mount seems to have been well engineered and thought out.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
im pretty sure i know the answer but just want to check, do you need to get the engine mounts too when you do the transmission mount? i know you can get them separate but what i mean is will there be any negative side effect to not doing both at once.

and has anyone figured out if doing this wheres on the clutch faster as teh OP asked in the original post?

·
You got passed by a Girl.
427 Posts
im pretty sure i know the answer but just want to check, do you need to get the engine mounts too when you do the transmission mount? i know you can get them separate but what i mean is will there be any negative side effect to not doing both at once.

and has anyone figured out if doing this wheres on the clutch faster as teh OP asked in the original post?
I bought only the trans mount and working oh so fine

·
Registered
302 Posts
Can't wait - It was suppose to arrive this week but was delayed due to "Genesis Tuners"... bad mistake in there shipping dept. As usual, should have got it from Jay, I will know for next time. Should have it installed mid-next week.

·
Severed member
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts

I have the same question. If you only put the transmount it will be the only hard part of the engine-trans unit, putting most of the stress on the transmount and shortening it's life?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have the same question. If you only put the transmount it will be the only hard part of the engine-trans unit, putting most of the stress on the transmount and shortening it's life?:dunno:
im less concerned with wearing the trans mount out, its 85 bucks, than i am the fact that the engine will still be flailing around while the transmission isnt. im worried about the clutch and gears and all the mechanical stuff inside taking a beating from everything not moving the same amount at the same time like one big chunk.

either way i need the trans mount im just trying to figure out if i have to do both or can get away with just the trans mount for now. when im turning hard or hit my brakes hard my shifter moves around because the entire trans is rolling around under the car. probably not hurting anything but makes the car look cheap and pisses off my ocd like no other lol

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
im less concerned with wearing the trans mount out, its 85 bucks, than i am the fact that the engine will still be flailing around while the transmission isnt. im worried about the clutch and gears and all the mechanical stuff inside taking a beating from everything not moving the same amount at the same time like one big chunk.

either way i need the trans mount im just trying to figure out if i have to do both or can get away with just the trans mount for now. when im turning hard or hit my brakes hard my shifter moves around because the entire trans is rolling around under the car. probably not hurting anything but makes the car look cheap and pisses off my ocd like no other lol
i was thinking about this but if u go back and watching snoopys "transmission" video on youtube where he shows the internal parts, the problem straight fo factory clearing is lack of sability of internal parts vs load transfer.

In there looose state u might cause more damage, loose parts means metal to metal contact, while stiff means les vibrational movement

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
i was thinking about this but if u go back and watching snoopys "transmission" video on youtube where he shows the internal parts, the problem straight fo factory clearing is lack of sability of internal parts vs load transfer.

In there looose state u might cause more damage, loose parts means metal to metal contact, while stiff means les vibrational movement
so your saying getting the trans mount will lessen the damage if im understanding right?

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
so your saying getting the trans mount will lessen the damage if im understanding right?
yes for 2 reasons 1 it'll take the weight of the bearing holding the shifter assembly
also because member have already mentioned that when they installed this the clutch chatter, random vibrating mental, went down.

So if chatter isn't benefital for the trans at least it does that much.

any damage worst case would be the input shaft coming from the engine, but i doubt it

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
i ordered my trany mount today along with some mt90. next up are some coils and i will be done for now

·
Severed member
1,595 Posts
i ordered my trany mount today along with some mt90. next up are some coils and i will be done for this week
There ya go; fixed it for ya! :icon_rolleyes:

·
Function Over Form
1,222 Posts
Motor mounts work great. Not half as hard as it appears to install. Didn't even have to remove the steering rack. Driver side comes out if you just lift up that side a couple mm more with a bar. Should have done this a long time ago. Trans mount is a definite improvement to. The torque gets to the ground much quicker, shifting is improved and the flywheel chatters less. There is little movement transferred from the engine to the chassis while getting on and off throttle. There is more vibration felt at idle but its not much and you get used to it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can you check if the engine is sitting at the same height? Common issue with swapping out to Nismo mounts on the 240 occurred due to the fact that the same mold was used with a higher durometer rubber. In turn the weight of the engine wouldnt compress the rubber, raising the engine height..

Bart

·
Registered
162 Posts
I recently bought the transmission mount, but I cant seem to find any torque spec on the bolts. Anybody know off hand what the torque specs are on these?

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
can't wait to get this and the moto mount, shipping mistake, they sent me the motor mounts wihout the transmount so waiting for that to arrive

·
Registered
162 Posts
41 - 60 of 91 Posts