Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm long over due for a boost gauge. I hit up the guys up in Megan Racing HQ. Asked for the hook up for a boost gauge. Next thing I know, I'm following the DIY thread of installin this blasted gauge.

Now I'm not going to be an annoying bitch. But today I will... for the love of god, release a damn center gauge pod already!

I made phone calls and sent txt messages trying to find a solo pod that just mounts one gauge. Megan offered their universal single pod but it looked like Jeremy Clarksons teeth. GCTuner couldn't even help! lol I hit up my good ol pal Chris from VT to find where I could get one. Told me PepBoys, I tried at autozone and failed. I was worried I was going to fail again and end up not mounting the gauge. THEN I FOUND THE STUPID POD I WAS LOOKING FOR!

I spent an hour looking for the right spot for this.

I took everything apart. Not a big deal. Easy as cake.

Spent some time trying to picture where it should go.

I finally found the spot and position I wanted. Ignore the trash can and microwave next to the laptop. ;-)

Finally the night came when I finished installing it. Took it out for a spin. Its very distracting and could possibly cause me to crash sometime soon for looking at it all the time... :woah:

I know it doesn't match. I was not looking for things to match. I didn't like the way most of the gauges out there look. Except for the Defi gauges, but does are the price of a car payment. So I'm good with this one.

Here's what they look like. Better look at them from the site.

Now FLAME ME! :mad2:

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't really tell. Did you drill?
Yup, made two holes. One for the wire and one for the pod. If you look close enough, you can see the wire on the left of the pod.

·
Island Coupe
1,060 Posts
Which little gauge cup is that? Does the wire come put of the back or the middle section?

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which little gauge cup is that? Does the wire come put of the back or the middle section?
Idk. I found it @ pepboys. I'll take pics of it later. The wire comes out from behind the cup.

·
BOMB TECH
182 Posts
if they made it in blue im be more willing to do this

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Aww yeee
1,532 Posts
Sorry for the noob question, but where the hell do you plug it in?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Daylight pics tom, im in the states

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
How is that mounted? You have a daylight pic?
its mounted from underneath, not on top. I still need to cover the gap and paint the plastic cover to match. Ill do that some other time, works fine for me right now

drivers view

·
Registered
12 Posts
^ i like that setup..yours looks good to but its red not blue... either way great spot for gauges!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Wow you snapped it exactly at 14.7:1 too! Quick camera work!
Didnt even intend on doing that lol but thats what i get in idle too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts