Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a downpipe from megan racing.. will it throw a CEL? Everything else is stock in the car beside the intake

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does it have a catalytic converter? If not, you will get a CEL unless your ECU disabled it. I replaced mine with a CP-E downpipe with High Flow Cat and no CEL so far. Your milage may vary though.

If it is the one sold on genracer, there are two versions. One that keeps the cats, the other replaces them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I recently ordered a downpipe from megan racing.. will it throw a CEL? Everything else is stock in the car beside the intake
You can have a Dp with or without the cat that doesn't matter, a Dp with or without a cat won't cause a cell. What will cause a "cell" is if you take out the stock o2 housing "which has a cat" and install an aftermarket o2 housing like an Isr, Mxp, Txs, Cpe, which doesn't have a cat and this will definitely throw a cell once you put a few miles and start driving the car, however you can get rid off the cell by getting a "tune" and your good to go.
Btw I wouldn't buy the Megan Racing Dp because it's 2.25" Dp just like the stock Dp so your not getting any real benefit your just wasting money. I highly recommend you go with the TurboXs Stealth back system which is top notch quality all Ss and nice Tig welds to match all for $350. The system removes your stock o2 housing and secondary cat and it retains the stock mufflers. You get all the benefits of a full Tbe without all the excess noise and attention. I'm currently running the Txs stealth back system with a Prw Stage 1 tune and loving it!
I see that you're a Noob on the site go with the Prw tune I guarantee you and I can assure you it's the best $200 you will ever spend on your car best bang for your buck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts