Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I looked around on forum and di some research and I still couldn't figure out a fix!
I have a 2010 3.8 track with almost 40 k miles now

So from 0-15 mph when I hit little bumps or big bumps I hear a metal to metal sound coming from the front end passenger side!

Little background info I have cnt v3 exhaust and bc racing coils and this sound was coming before install so I know this isn't the issue.

1. End link bolts are tight
2.sway bar isn't moving
3. Every bolt on suspension is tight
4. Noise isn't from seatbelt area
5. Noise isn't from glove box / dash area
6.its not my stock side skirt

Now the only thing that I find weird is when I had to change my rotors the was wiggle movement when I grabbed them and went back n forth .what I mean by this is after you pull wheel off and grab the rotor and wiggle it, the front passenger one wiggled. When I went to driver side it was tight n firm and was not wiggling. I don't know if this is the issue or not.

Also I have another noise coming from the front passenger as well during acceleration but only when I turn the car left around 0-25 mph.

Now this noise sounds like a grinding/vibration sound '!
Is noise does not happen when turning right and there is no noise after I straighten out.
1. Wheel isn't touching my wheel well
2. Sounds like a rub mixed with a vibration mixed with a grinding noise

I can't take my car in for warranty just yet because I just bought the car August 10 and they said I need to wait till it kicks in? Donno what that means but just seek if anyone know what might be causing these noises

Thanks in advance and sorry if this information is out there !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
121 Posts
Try tightening the control arm i had a simililar issue where i hit a small bump and i heard a little jingly sound coming from my right front end wheel not sure if this i what you hear though.

·
Keeps Them Guessing!!
498 Posts
I believe the rotors are actually screwed to the hubs. Your passenger side might not have the screws anymore. Also if your getting a noise when you turn left it could be a wheel bearing. You get the noise when you put more load on it. I would take it in to the dealer you bought it at. Have you checked the history of the car? Was it ever in an accident that caused front end damage?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't actually but there's this huge plastic that covers bottom of engine imma remove. It seems like this might be it ? But I won't know till I get a chance to remove it. As for the grind/ rub sound I think it might be bearing or sonething is bent ? Car pulls hard to the right :/ it could be anything ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dang. Man that sux. I really need to find out what it is because it bothers me. Mine does it every now and then. ESPECIALLY if I was to crank the wheel all the way to the left and not take the turn slow at all. On my way to work I tried to make it do it and it wouldn't. Im clueless. ...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang. Man that sux. I really need to find out what it is because it bothers me. Mine does it every now and then. ESPECIALLY if I was to crank the wheel all the way to the left and not take the turn slow at all. On my way to work I tried to make it do it and it wouldn't. Im clueless. ...
I'm just so busy so I don't have time to take it to stealership ?one I get a chance I'm taking it there to figure out wtf it is

·
Registered
8 Posts
same issue

Any update on this? I have the same issue on my 2013 genesis track 3.8. Except mine makes that noise when im turning right 0-25 mph as well as speed bump rattles. Took it to the dealership and they kept saying theres nothing wrong with it. Asked them to make sure and check it again then they tried to convince me that my wheels were cupped and it was inner wheel rub. I know thats bull**** cuz i switched back to my summers and still have the same issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did anybody figure out what was causing this issue on their car? Mine is doing the same. I’ve checked; wheels, rotors, swaybar/endlinks, all suspension components, hub bearings, front subframe, engine mounts, power steering and no luck. I found a different thread mentioning the pinch welds in the front fender and that the next place I’m going to look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts