Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey my name is Michael Feliz (21), This is my build thread. I am building this car for drifting or atleast am trying to on a budget. i post evrything on instagram @Michael_Feliz. okay ill cut the BS talk and just show pics..

My Brief car history:
2002 M3 conversion 325ci:

Slammed 07 Audi A4:

Then i traded in my audi for My 2012 Genesis Coupe R-spec:

Then the molesting of this completly stock brand new car began...

I used VHT Red tail light spray you could buy in auto zone and sprayed the tail lights the proper way. (i have a thread on the steps i used to properly paint the tail lights all red)

Then i installed a boost guage to monitor my PSI readings after messing with the waste gate.

Then it was time to install the coil overs. I purchased ST which are good but i will be switching to BC full adjustable in the near future.

how it looked before the coils had settled

i decided to add some charicter to the car so i painted my center console

I then bought Varrstoen 2.2.2 wheels
specs: front-19x9.5 rear-19x10.5 with a 12 offset all around

installed the intercooler. STRK from the evo X turbo kit i found for sale online.

wanted a have the intercooler show more so i decided to cut the front bumper. ehh wasn't a big fan of the holes

full exhuast came in

Then installed The NRG quick release, adapter hub and grip royal steering wheel and wink racing mirror.

alignment after installing the steering wheel

the ARK exhuast was not loud enought for me so i decided to go straight pipe.

now its loud as ****
i am sure i am missing a few details and other mods but up to date i have spent $5,100 in mods alone.i have had the car since nov 1st 2012. Future plans consist on an LS1 so stay tuned.

here are some more pictures of the car.

DUring drift practice i messed up the bumper oh well stitch it back toghther

running tests

lowered the car a bit more

drift practice with the team

genesis meet:

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
Good looking build so far. I honestly like everything you've done.

How low do you think you could go on those STs? It seems like most places online say 2", but I would think they could go much lower.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
542 Posts
dude big fannnnnnnn of your car. this is how I would have built mine once I decided to get into drifting if I wasn't planning on selling it lol

but dam I wish you cut the front bumper with a bit more design. looks like a cleft lip :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good looking build so far. I honestly like everything you've done.

How low do you think you could go on those STs? It seems like most places online say 2", but I would think they could go much lower.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks alot man appriciate it. they lower a little more than two but not by much which is why i want to buy BC ful adjustable coil overs

dude big fannnnnnnn of your car. this is how I would have built mine once I decided to get into drifting if I wasn't planning on selling it lol

but dam I wish you cut the front bumper with a bit more design. looks like a cleft lip :(

thanks alot man, yeah the bumper is pretty screwed up any way but i am buying a RMR front bumper soon. ill keep the stitched up one for drifting.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been following this guy on I.G for a min. Really nice build! big fan as well. SUB'd for LS swap :gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b

For more followers from the gencoupe community on I.G check out my I.G thread and post ur username to get more followers

http://www.gencoupe.com/media/117336-instagram.html

Mine's @loki_gc in case u wanted to follow back :dunno::D
hmm i thought i was already followng you lol guess not. but thanks man! yeah hopfully soon i will be seeing an LS1 its not cheap but it will be done for sure

·
Bam-Ba-Lam!!!
2,302 Posts
BTW, congrats on being the first person I have seen that used a hashtag on the forum. :rofl:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha its the hash tag my car is known for so i thought id put it here too

·
w3rD ^
135 Posts
damn mike you did the 02 housing urself? I am afraid of doing it seems like a PITA

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
damn mike you did the 02 housing urself? I am afraid of doing it seems like a PITA
i do almost eveyting my self bruh!

and the help of prime motoring located at 411 railroad ave east rutherford new jersey if anyone needs great work done

·
w3rD ^
135 Posts
its just funny, I'll do an intake, CBE, FMIC, BOV... but that o2 housing.... will haunt my dreams forever

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its just funny, I'll do an intake, CBE, FMIC, BOV... but that o2 housing.... will haunt my dreams forever

it was so annoying since i was doing it on my back. i wish i had a lift

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did you get those clips that hold your bumper on the fender?
on the password JDM web site. bumper quick release. i love them saves time when you need to remove the bumper

1 - 20 of 47 Posts